How many of you know where chocolate milk comes from?

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yet another confirmation the great American Stratoliner has lost it's wings and has now become a lawn dart plummeting towards earth. I hope ya'll got your parachutes and are prepared to bail out !

cajamk

Jan 5, 2017
Northern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard about this on the radio...seriously what is this world coming to?

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And they vote.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It is quite sad if you you think about it to hard when I was young and in school I was in the 4H and then from there went into the FFA the school that I attended was in a small at that time farming community I showed Angus and Charolais breed of cattle also showed pigs even back then when we would be at the national livestock show or the county fair to show our cattle or hogs people would come up to you and with the most serious look on their faces tell you that brown cows is where the chocolate milk came from and when you would try to explain to them they would look at you like you were nuts,I also worked on my grand parents and uncles dairy milking and feeding 400 head of milk cows
the link tamrock posted does not even surprise me in the least.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to a small town fair about 5 years ago because wife wanted to see the pig exhibit. The program for the fair said 'Swine, Area E, 1pm". Couldn't immediately find how the areas were laid out but saw the Information Booth, manned by the county HS FFA. 2 girls, obviously seniors in HS were manning the booth and talking with 2 others who may or may not have been FFA. We asked "where is the swine exhibit being held?".
Puzzled look...."Whats a swine?". Not one of them knew the definition of the word swine.
Remember these are my area's Future Farmers AND highschool seniors. Meaning they would be voting within a year.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like the guy I saw at the zoo the other day. He was peering into the snake exhibit and kept sticking his tongue out at the exhibit. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "The snake started it!"

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like the guy I saw at the zoo the other day. He was peering into the snake exhibit and kept sticking his tongue out at the exhibit. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "The snake started it!"

Laughter is good medicine. Thanks for sharing that experience. I needed a good chuckle.:laughing7:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost as scary but not quite. Worked maintenance for a flavoring manufacturer that made the coco powders for chocolate milk supplied to the schools by Carnation & Knudsen (if I remember correctly) and started noticing there was more stuff like gum arabic & resins, emulsifiers etc than cocoa. Not to mention what was on the pallets when the operator was slicing the bags and dumping them. Anyone eat Baskin Robbins ice cream? Sorry to hear that my friends.......

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then I won't even ask where these come from......:laughing7:

hersheybar.jpg

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
eWQWjTV.jpg

And they vote.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wonder how they confirmed the participants were adults as this was an online survey. I know kids who'd say Brown cows as a joke.

As for the main point, I'm not surprised. Try reading some vegan forums and some of the ignorance is amazing. Many claim milk is nothing but puss because Farmers test for white blood cells in milk. The fact a specified level of white cells is permitted means we are drinking adulterated milk.

They also believe dairy cows are raped.

My Great -Grandfather, a Dairy Farmer, would have had a cow to read stuff like this.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it Certainly doesn't come from Caucasian Cows !

I say more likely people getting back at pollsters
like I do. [ask a stupid question in a poll or give the
ability to answer in a stupid way. I will.
]

that or they polled Kindergartners

Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm so addicted to Publix chocolate milk, it's not even funny!
Can kill a half a gallon a day....... :notworthy:

So, once, when at the grocery store, the chocolate milk was out and I could hear the man in the back of the cooler......
I shout out to him, "Hey, Mr. Milkman, how bout throwing me some chocolate cows up here".
He put some half gallons up there, I took 3 of them, and noticed this cute little 4 yr old (or so) in the cart with her Mom there, so I looked at her and said, "Oh, he takes care of the cows back there".

With great delight, the little girl squeals, "MOM, they have cows.........."! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread