Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Myth legend
  • 2 Post By Kurios1
  • 2 Post By Terry Soloman
  • 1 Post By FeralMermaid

Thread: Asking

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Searching just ain't easy

Aug 2016
    Lost in space
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Metal Detector
    20 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Asking

So, I been wondering how to properly ask lets say farmer could I metal detect on their property. Without having to worry about hearing a (Shotgun) sound. Any advice?
    Kurios1 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Kevin

Feb 2017
    FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
    Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
    2861 times
    If you present yourself well and don't act like a criminal I think most farmers would be cool with you hunting their fields. Tell them you'll haul out all the iron that would potentially damage their machinery and puncture tires. I doubt any weapons will get pointed at you.
    Myth legend and No gold in NY like this.
    “This Is My Creed I believe first in God, the same God in which my ancestors believed. I believe in Jesus Christ and that he is my saviour. Second, I believe in the Constitution of the Republic of the United States of America, without interpretation, as it was written and meant to work. I have given my sacred oath “to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies foreign and domestic.” I intend to fulfill that oath. Third, I believe in the family unit and, in particular, my family unit. I have sworn that I will give my life, if it is required, in defense of God, the Constitution, or my family. Fourth, I believe that any man without principles that he is ready and willing to die for at any given moment is already dead and is of no use or consequence whatsoever. William Cooper August 3, 1990”
    ― Milton William Cooper, Behold a Pale Horse

Charter Member
    us
    Make America Great Again!

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Tesoro Cult Member & Overlord - Mojave; Vaquero; Lobo Super Traq; Tejon; Sand Shark - Minelab GPZ 7000
    13297 times
    Metal Detecting
    Be yourself, be up front, be brief, listen carefully. Good Luck!

us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    1732 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Farmers are great people, take the above advice and you should have no problem.

Oh yeah, stay out of planted fields, of course.
    Last edited by fistfulladirt; Jun 19, 2017 at 04:33 PM.
    2017 SILVER TOTALS...ANY? OK, one.

When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors.

Jun 2017
    Best state in the whole damn Union.
    63 times
    I read this article a while ago and found it really helpful. Still haven't implemented any of the advice though...too shy. How to Get Permission Without Having to Ask | Detecting365 Metal Detecting Magazine

Basically, presenting yourself as someone who is interested in the history of their land may soften their hearts a bit. I know I would be more inclined to say yes if that were the case.
    Johnbrian likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links