Johnbrian

Jun 15, 2017
Bakersfield, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's 3900/D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tomorrow will tell.
It is not being dug. No detector used. It is not a natural resource ,or an item under the antiquities law,( having been placed recently.)

Unless no rappelling signs exist , what happened to...tarry scant and " just take the chest and go in peace "?

Exactly!

I read the Wiki about this treasure but it was rather short & offered no useful info. Not that I have any plans to go out looking for it!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let's all meet here tomorrow morning @ my place and have a sausage gravy and biscuit breakfast . (My treat) Then let's all attack this undocumented cave I found and MD the hell out of it... come back ... and have a huge BBQ rib dinner on my pool deck in the evening. Again... My treat.

OP
OP
JamesFariello

JamesFariello

May 25, 2008
Brighton, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, Whites 808, Eagle Spectrum, Cibola & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We signed the agreement and legal papers this afternoon, they got 50%. No problem, bird in hand worth two in bush.

fallingrock

Greenie
Jun 19, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry but your word isn't enough for me to not go get it myself.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We signed the agreement and legal papers this afternoon, they got 50%. No problem, bird in hand worth two in bush.

50% to who? And if you have the loot, lets see it. Otherwise there is an old saying...

"Don't say you're there 'til you're pissin' off the top."

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's all meet here tomorrow morning @ my place and have a sausage gravy and biscuit breakfast . (My treat) Then let's all attack this undocumented cave I found and MD the hell out of it... come back ... and have a huge BBQ rib dinner on my pool deck in the evening. Again... My treat.

I'll jump in my Lear jet and be there tonight.....got an extra bunk??:laughing7:

fallingrock

Greenie
Jun 19, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll bring the pie and a couple of really cool frogs I found. ;)

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I kinda spilled the beans. I have solved the poem, went to the treasure site, saw the box, unable to get it and there might be some legal issues. Recovery team will be on site the 19th and the release of information after documents are filed in court system for the area. The treasure, if and when recovered will be secured for government entities and I am sure a court will become involved. So be it. Our treasure laws need to be revised like the UK.

[Link Removed.. was hard to tell what the link was for]
Jeff of pa

No they DON'T!

fallingrock

Greenie
Jun 19, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The link was to a radio show that a member of an organization I will not name called in and claimed to have found the chest. Kinda sketchy imho. I understand the need for promotion and everything but while the search for Mr. Wallace was still underway knowing the traffic such a claim could pull was very disrespectful to every hunter of any treasure. I see through it only because I am too busy doing my homework. The treasure laws which vary enormously from state to state do not need to be turned into what we once had such desire to escape that we sailed across the ocean through the unknown willing to lose everything for just a chance to at least try our own methods.

OP
OP
JamesFariello

JamesFariello

May 25, 2008
Brighton, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
house of brown.jpg wheel and blaze.jpg

OP
OP
JamesFariello

JamesFariello

May 25, 2008
Brighton, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK kids, I am releasing two photos on the poem, the entire solution will be uploaded tonight. The recovery team go 6am tomorrow morning. This show the house of brown, you put in below it. Next is the blaze and the treasure area at the bottom. At 6pm, I will open youtube videos, and the actual agreement with the agency that owns the land. 50/50. I will go for it on the 21st, sorry for the delay, agreement and legal first.

fallingrock

Greenie
Jun 19, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Gee mister, you're even hungrier than I am"

OP
OP
JamesFariello

JamesFariello

May 25, 2008
Brighton, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not far, but to far to walk The blaze area, the wheel is at the bottom of that blaze, in the wood, all tonight.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all due respect, I think you're blowin smoke. However, who knows, and I'll keep my fingers crossed that you got it. Take care, and good luck.

fallingrock

Greenie
Jun 19, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will have BOTG first sign of next twilight.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think he found it with a Long Range Locator. I mean, if you have one, all you have to do is tune it to the targets you are hunting. Well, not the basic model, but the really high $ LRLs.

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think it is somewhere else in Colorado. I could be wrong. I'll just have to wait!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This kind of reminds me of an event some years ago where Geraldo was opening a safe on tv live. The safe was empty.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread