Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, didn't realize how daunting this would be but we stuck to it. The guy wanted me to locate what turned out to be about 8 position markers buried in the ground. They were pretty similar to those used to base locations etc in a ball field. His map of locations was off by a lot as we found out. we ended up with about five and a half hours in finding them. We scraped the dirt and grass off of them and even put up small flags for them to find. We found out that there was another pair of them that we still need to find but we will do that while actually detecting. My wife was helping me, well most of the time as she managed to dig her second ever wheatie and then a quarter. She said that she couldn't help it. We also picked up some trash as we hunted, don't figure it hurt to do that at all. Now, having said that, it was and is well worth the extra trouble to get this permission and I am very thankful for it. Took my shower and a short nap so I should be ready for a short hunt this evening after church. It is nice to see a 58 year old woman get so excited over finding a wheatie and worth the ribbing on the way home as I had nothing. Or did I? still got some ice cream!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread