Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A man approached me Sunday and asked me to look for his lost wedding ring, he said that he was sure that he lost it at home. So early this morning, I headed over to his home to search for the ring. At first he was certain that he had it when he got home from a fishing trip and had to have lost it where he cleaned the fish. An hour later, no ring so I asked him where he washed up and what he did with the fish remains. I checked the whole area to the water spigot and to the house but found nothing. The fish remains were taken to a place down a dirt road out in the country but still on his property. Now I learn as I searched the very widely scattered fish heads and bones that he had done this over two weeks earlier. Still no ring and if it had been in the fish scraps, anything from a coyote to a coon, buzzard, possum, cat or a crow could have carried it off to who knows where. The more he talked, the less it sounded like it he lost it at home but I looked for it some more anyways. you hope to find everything that people lose but it is what it is. On the bright side, he told me of several old house sites to check out.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's dedication hunting among rotting fish parts.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One beach where I detect is full of fish left overs. Smells good this time of year.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's dedication hunting among rotting fish parts.

naw, that's what you do sometimes to help somebody out, could have been a lot worse like a hog waste tank

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been going to this park a few times to help someone who posted a lost ring on Craigslist. He said that where he lost it was in a very specific area. We both went out there and searched for this ring for over 2 hours and couldn't find it. I'm using my Makro Racer 2 and have notched out everything but the gold range and i'm counting on the overload audio to sound off when i find the ring on the surface of the ground, but I've found nothing yet. It can be frustrating when you think you have an edge, only to come up empty. I haven't given up on the ring though, and hopefully I'll have good news soon, but like you said sometimes you cant get them all.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've been going to this park a few times to help someone who posted a lost ring on Craigslist. He said that where he lost it was in a very specific area. We both went out there and searched for this ring for over 2 hours and couldn't find it. I'm using my Makro Racer 2 and have notched out everything but the gold range and i'm counting on the overload audio to sound off when i find the ring on the surface of the ground, but I've found nothing yet. It can be frustrating when you think you have an edge, only to come up empty. I haven't given up on the ring though, and hopefully I'll have good news soon, but like you said sometimes you cant get them all.

sometimes it is because of so many variables that can happen, somebody or something may have already found the ring, who knows but I have gone back repeatable over the last year looking for an earring for an older woman. you win sometimes and sometimes you just do your best. hope you do find it

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey dirtlooter!! Sounds like a Fishy Story to Me!! He He!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!!VERDE!!

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
So nice of you dirtlooter to put in all the effort to help the guy. He still could have left out some valuable information. I lost my wedding ring and it was about a year before I finally realized what happened to it.

diverrick

Jan 18, 2011
Vacaville, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Eureka gold
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe he should look on the hotel night stand.. It could have just been a cover story. "Honey, I really did go fishin' promise" LOL ya never know.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Maybe he should look on the hotel night stand.. It could have just been a cover story. "Honey, I really did go fishin' promise" LOL ya never know.

well, actually they (family) went on a chartered or guided striper fishing trip, but that is exactly why I take my rings etc off before fishing swimming or working in dirt or anything else outside.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread