Treasure in steam tunnels at MSU?

neo

Jul 15, 2013
Hickory NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been reading the dungeon master by William dear for those of you that don't know this was the story of James Dallas Egbert who ran away from school in 1979 and set off the hysteria that made people freak out over dungeons and dragons. Anyway in the book a guy who played it in the steam tunnels (live action role playing or larping as it's called today) told the detective that there group would actually chip in and buy stuff which I imagine was jewelry and other things that would fit the treasure of the game and hide them in the tunnels and if players could find them during a game they got to keep the items. Just a thought might be some overlooked stuff down there many other groups were playing it in the tunnels at the time.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I really wouldn't recommending anyone entering them. Reason being asbestos was the insulation of choice for many years.
I had real experience with this problem. I was asked to inspect some items in a steam tunnel. I was directed to a class room where there was a metal cover leading to the tunnels. I made my way through them. did the job, and got out by way of a maintenance shop.
It was there the warnings were posted in very large signs about the asbestos. WARNING!
I remember thinking "Now ya tell me".

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What kind of "Treasure" do you think you'd find left by a group of high school drop outs?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread