AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it, keeps me from having 12lbs. of change in my pockets.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm with ya Truth. My wife got a 64 rosey yesterday in change.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here. I have a change tray that everything goes in to be checked, then we have a coin sorter. Then once the rolls are filled, my wife drops them off at the bank in the account. No Coinstar, I hit the returns whenever I am by those, on my way home tonight in fact, late night.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two less coins in change for me is okay, I hate when they do it for others. Less change to get lost and buried for me to find.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I bought a Lesche and pinpointer with saved pocket change and dug clad.
Fine with me if 2 cents gets waved though. 2 cents saved is 4 cents tax free. Sort of.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same here. I have a change tray that everything goes in to be checked, then we have a coin sorter. Then once the rolls are filled, my wife drops them off at the bank in the account. No Coinstar, I hit the returns whenever I am by those, on my way home tonight in fact, late night.

I just did it not to long ago. 6 months of ashtray change and digging. Wrapped all my quarters and the rest went in to coinstar, that's the cash IMG_0153.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CheetoeWillie

Jul 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do when you get a chance. But, another way I like to explore/treasure hunt coins in my area is by getting to know the workers at the neighborhood "C-" and "L-" stores. I leave my name and ph.# and tell them, "I like coins." Never know when someone might get drunk and spend the 'wrong' thing; heck, I may have done it before! Also, the convenience store that has consistently and truely (in my opinion) always been the gold standard and epitome of it's industry is that only has numbers and one hyphen in it's name. Next time you're in one ask for a few rolls of anything (if they have halves, dollars, or foreign they'll be under the drawer). Just don't ask for a large amount, they have to keep the cash flowing, too.
And back to you, OP, next time reach in your pocket and hand him/her a $1 note and ask for change - "dealer's choice" - and they'll oblige 95% of the time. They like ones and fives. Has anyone ever seen a sign near a register that reads, "Need 10s, 20s, and 50s please"?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread