Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been a customer of Garrett Metal Detectors since the early 80's. I purchased a mail order "Beep and Dig" in 1970 and decided to upgrade to a Garrett AT4.
Although I have purchased numerous Garrett Detectors over the years, both for personal use and as gifts, today the Garret product I depend on is their Pro Pointer. We call it the Garrett Carrot.
Recently I ordered a new Carrot. Once it was received, I was planning on sending in my old badly worn Carrot for service. Unfortunately the new Carrot created very high EMI while using it with my DEUS. I had to send both Carrots in for service.
Well today, they both came back. The old one was given a new outer shell, and the new one received a new coil. NO CHARGE!
Garrett After Sales Service has always been and continues to be; EXCELLENT! !
I'M READY
20170705_120824.jpg

Last edited:

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm real happy with my Pro Pointer II. $71 on ebay was a great score. I even went and bought a protective cover for it.

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love my Carrot....Over 1 year now and I cannot imagine going and back to when there wasn't such handy tools. I hope the EMI problem is taken care of as well. Good luck and happy hunting!

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm real happy with my Pro Pointer II. $71 on ebay was a great score. I even went and bought a protective cover for it.

Nice score. I have both the Garrett Pro Pointer and the Carrot. I still haven't learned how to use the carrot as it has multiple settings. I will likely only use it for water hunting anyway. The Pro Pointer II is my favorite PP of all I have owned. Once I learn the sensitivity setting on the carrot I hope it rivals it's brother.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score. I have both the Garrett Pro Pointer and the Carrot. I still haven't learned how to use the carrot as it has multiple settings. I will likely only use it for water hunting anyway. The Pro Pointer II is my favorite PP of all I have owned. Once I learn the sensitivity setting on the carrot I hope it rivals it's brother.

Kurios, too funny! I have both a new Carrot and my trusty old Pro Pointer II...I found some of the settings confusing on the Carrot, but I absolutely love the extreme sensitivity...I carry both, and if the Pro Pointer don't sniff my target out, I whip out the Carrot! 9 times out of 10 I'm right on, but sometimes iron or other trash masking the target throws me off a little. A couple months ago I went on here to ask you guys what new pinpointer I should buy, and EVERYONE said "Carrot"...and it is awesome...Ddf

Last edited:

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couldn't do it without my Pro Pointer, been using it for years. Its the "OG" black model, not the carrot.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I got a carrot story to share...
After 2+ years, it's never let me down.... I'm pretty rough with it, use it like a jackhammer sometimes.
It was quite dirty from my last hunt, didn't notice I had worn a hole in the tip.
Now on vacation, first hunt was in the (freezing cold) water.... first use, uh oh!
Never seen it act this way.... led light comes on, no response to metal, then it vibrates after turning it off! Yikes!

Spent hours trying to dry it out, including holding it out the window at 60mph for an hour or so.
Held my breath, wished for the best.... and took it apart.
Still wet!... dried it off, let it sit for a few hours, then carefully reassembled it....

Garrett... are you hiring? Cuz I got this stick working like a champ!
Lucky me.... shame of it is, I'd turned down an offer for tip protectors.

Bottom line, I can't function without the Carrot.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I got a carrot story to share...
After 2+ years, it's never let me down.... I'm pretty rough with it, use it like a jackhammer sometimes.
It was quite dirty from my last hunt, didn't notice I had worn a hole in the tip.
Now on vacation, first hunt was in the (freezing cold) water.... first use, uh oh!
Never seen it act this way.... led light comes on, no response to metal, then it vibrates after turning it off! Yikes!

Spent hours trying to dry it out, including holding it out the window at 60mph for an hour or so.
Held my breath, wished for the best.... and took it apart.
Still wet!... dried it off, let it sit for a few hours, then carefully reassembled it....

Garrett... are you hiring? Cuz I got this stick working like a champ!
Lucky me.... shame of it is, I'd turned down an offer for tip protectors.

Bottom line, I can't function without the Carrot.

Pinpointer tip protector... $1.99
Seeing BWD hold his Carrot out the window at 60 mph in freezing weather...PRICELESS
Ddf...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread