Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Started up Wednesday morning about 2 miles north of Breck. 500 homes mandatory evacuated and area from Breck to Farmer's Korner (about 4 miles south of me) under pre-evacuation order. Last update I got was 84 acres and 7% containment. No structures burned and nobody hurt yet. I think the news made it a little more sensational than it actually is, but it does have deadly potential, especially with all the beetle kill trees. With all the tourists up here, they will need the military to even attempt an evacuation. Most everybody that lives here is ready to get out at a moment's notice, but then I guess there's a good chance we'll still burn up sitting in traffic that don't move.

Attachments

• 7-6a.jpg
    7-6a.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 7-6b.jpg
    7-6b.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 7-6c.jpg
    7-6c.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 52

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope that the tourists pay attention and get out. You don't mess with fire.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tourists didn't go away. The fire is over 50% contained now and evacuation notices have been lifted. My eyes have finally stopped burning. Most people don't realize just how dangerous a forest fire can be. It can be 2 miles away, and you think you're ok, but if the wind gets up embers can be carried quite a ways ahead of the fire. It's very dry right now, and in Summit County Colorado we live in the middle of about 150,000 acres of dead trees, so for us it's always been a matter of when and not if. We dodged a bullet on this one. Right now more than 15,000 acres are burning in the western part of the state. I hope everybody stays safe and their homes are ok, and I particularly hope all the firefighters take care. Those guys know what they're doin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread