Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You know that you are getting older when your wife won't let you go fishing by yourself. No, not me but a friend and when you consider how far and remote it is to our lakes from where we live, it is a wise thing. Anyways, my friend was going through fishing withdrawals and needed to go like asap. We had been killing the fish earlier but several things happened and it had now been three months since we went last. This was no problem for me as I used the time to detect but fresh crappie has it's place so we went last night. In spite of him having electronic problems (fish finder) as well as a few other things, we still caught a few keepers. This was my share for the wife and myself. My wife and I usually fare a lot better than this but we were using his boat and going to where he wanted to fish so it was what it was. So tonight, after detecting until dark, it will be crappie, hush puppies, fries, beans, slaw and homemade green tomato/squash relish. Sure beats fast food by a country mile. I do my best to make sure friends and guest leave full and happy, too bad you aren't here. Maybe next time.:laughing7:

Attachments

• 0710171055.jpg
    0710171055.jpg
    471.3 KB · Views: 55

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe not the best fishing trip, but it sounds like the perfect dinner.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You know that you are getting older when your wife won't let you go fishing by yourself.

Wait a minute. THE ADMIRAL keeps trying to get me to go fishing by myself.

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics t2 se,Deteknix X pointer angus mackirk explorer,keene a51a.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing like crappie, bass or bluegill. Eat a piece for me! Enjoy your supper.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice photo. That's a shame that you have to travel to fish. I gotta travel to sluice, but I can fish out my back door. Pretty much go every day. I caught a 19-1/2" walleye about three hours ago. That's the sixth keeper "golden pike" I kept this season.

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics t2 se,Deteknix X pointer angus mackirk explorer,keene a51a.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Walleye is another one! Love it!

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice photo. That's a shame that you have to travel to fish. I gotta travel to sluice, but I can fish out my back door. Pretty much go every day. I caught a 19-1/2" walleye about three hours ago. That's the sixth keeper "golden pike" I kept this season.

actually I have a decent pond full of crappie behind the house but at the moment I live on a campgrounds so I leave the fish alone (no keepers). it's only about 40 miles or so to two of the lakes. We have walleye here to but only in a couple lakes a little farther away. I would take the walleye any day, walleye, crappie and flathead are my choice of fish to eat here. good luck on the sluicing.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love a plate full of crappie, one of the best tasting freshwater fish.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread