100.00 Whites??

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
in the blink of an eye.grab it.the xlt is the machine all others tried to copy.and it still holds its own with the best new ones.350 machine easy.

Ha, yes, in its era (more than 20 yrs. ago), sure, the XLT was "all the rage". And sure, there's some spots and types hunting where it still holds its own. But let's be honest here: It *IS* quite ... uh ... dated. There's machines that go deeper , have MUCH FASTER target separation and see-through ability, and require MUCH slower sweep speeds, and have better TID ability (the xlt always favored high conductors, not low conductors, which can be good or bad depending on your hunt locations).

So I would agree with those that say no. I have no doubt that it might fetch more on ebay than $100, but ... I wouldn't drive 3.5 hrs. to get one. I bet if you wait, you'll get one on ebay or craigslist closer or shipped for a pittance.

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
Primary Interest:
Other
nice road trip, great detector in it's day, I would pass on it and put the money on something newer

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha, yes, in its era (more than 20 yrs. ago), sure, the XLT was "all the rage". And sure, there's some spots and types hunting where it still holds its own. But let's be honest here: It *IS* quite ... uh ... dated. There's machines that go deeper , have MUCH FASTER target separation and see-through ability, and require MUCH slower sweep speeds, and have better TID ability (the xlt always favored high conductors, not low conductors, which can be good or bad depending on your hunt locations).

So I would agree with those that say no. I have no doubt that it might fetch more on ebay than $100, but ... I wouldn't drive 3.5 hrs. to get one. I bet if you wait, you'll get one on ebay or craigslist closer or shipped for a pittance.

You have a F70. The patriot. Doesn't that have alot of the characteristics that are mentioned above? Maybe put more hours into the patriot and keep saving.

Chub

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also saw one of these last year for about $120 USD, but passed on it. I don't mind whites machines but I have to say I'm not fond of the control box banging against my side...also there's quite a bit of weight in that battery tray.

Chub

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions