I believe we need a gun thread. Carrying while detecting?

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's true, but I'm not lying about my size. I'm done debating this with you. If you read my posts carefully, you'd realize that I'm trying to protect you guys from legal problems. Thinking you can shoot an unarmed person because they said boo is a dangerous premise. That's all I'm going to say on this issue...

View attachment 1474288
Is that a promise, Tim? ╦╦Ç

OP
OP
C

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've read that in a lot of places in OZ, especially Out Back, Law Enforcement doesn't really get too worked up about the odd shotgun or old sportered Lee-Enfield sitting in a closet in a ranch (station) house. Farmers and ranchers in many cases, being, you know, Aussies, said the hell with that and just ignored that law. Considering that Oz is the land where just about everything wants to bite, stab or stick you, and law enforcement or medical help can be many minutes or hours away, this does make sense. The Australian Police really, really follow the British police line in the big cities, but when you live with the same people in a little tiny town out in the middle of nowhere, well, common sense dictates that you become a "Peace Officer" more than "Law Enforcement". You know who the villains are and who can be trusted with firearms and who can't be.

If nobody could even have shotguns or rifles in the Out Back, there wouldn't even be anyone living there except for the Aborigines! Even if anybody was insane or stupid enough to try it, they wouldn't survive very long... :tard:

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's true, but I'm not lying about my size. I'm done debating this with you. If you read my posts carefully, you'd realize that I'm trying to protect you guys from legal problems. Thinking you can shoot an unarmed person because they said boo is a dangerous premise. That's all I'm going to say on this issue...

View attachment 1474288

Photoshop skilz are something else that have gotten much easier over the years too. Not that I don't believe you.

I know its just an internet claim and internet legal advice is worth what you pay for it, but I'm willing to bet that all the folks lining up against your attitude have triple digit years worth of experience in the court system (on the Good Guy side). Your legal advice is lacking, at least as applied to the Free States. I doubt you have ever worked in a profession that that would allow you to see how the court/legal system actually works. Your posts reflect a layman's and newspaper reader's 'knowledge' of procedures.
Now in the leftist states, you may have a point. But remember that we are discussing LEGAL carry.

And all this is just so many words; what we are really upset about is some privileged busybody having the unmitigated GALL to think he has the right to take our rights away from us because of his 'Feelings'.

Add me to the list of those that think he will keep it up, Terry.

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well said, Ima. Glad to see you posting some more. Let's add small females, elderly, infirm, and those confined to wheelchairs and similar. Tnx for your comments. Terry

Yes and unfortunately those are the ones who are the most targeted as "easy prey" for these animals! :angry5:

Last edited:

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wondered what it would take for me to pull my gun to shoot someone. It has changed over time. If I were in my 20's-30's then it would take someone to pull their gun before I would pull mine to kill someone. Now in my 60's putting my life in danger takes much less and I feel it wouldn't even take being confronted with a gun wielding person. If I felt my life was in danger just from a good beating I'd shoot to kill.

Lol! :laughing7: Good or bad beating, I'm NOT going to tolerate any kind period! I am also NOT going to apologize for the way that I feel about this and my right to protect myself to anybody either! :nono:

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quote Originally Posted by tinpan View Post
Hi, I do not blame your country just do not understand the unhealthy gun culture. TP

If you look at the Murder rates in the UK and other countries where guns are banned, they are pretty much the same as here in the Good ol USA. Except that the murders are by clubbing and stabbing! Anyone Hellbent on getting it done, will get it done. And before the Snowies can say yeah but they can't do mass killings with an AR. Ahem.... They make Bombs.

They also run down large crowds with big lorries (semi-trucks), vans, you name it...
This is what happened last July while I was on my flight to France. Good thing I didn't want to be there a day earlier for Bastille Day (which is like our Independence Day) as I would have been right there on the beach at Nice myself like a sitting duck not being able to even have a firearm. :o

1st Day in Paris S.jpg

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi, 179 mass shootings of unarmed people so far this year. Why ? Tp

Because 179 people learned too late they should have been armed.

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1474288

We are not all as big as you are and as a woman I definitely wouldn't want to be. Nobody is going to go around shooting someone just because they said "boo", or anything else regardless of how bad it is for that matter! You say you're trying to protect us from "legal problems" but what about us or our families from being severely injured or killed by damned criminals or crazies? I'd much rather have legal problems if I had to than to be maimed, killed, etc.!!! Many on this thread are also insured for any legal issues that could possibly arise also. So stop pushing your own agenda in the guise of trying to protect us from "legal problems" already! If that happens to anyone just trying to protect themselves or their families then at least THEY'RE STILL BREATHING!!!

BTW you do realize that your large size can also make you an easier target especially if you go charging after somebody in a rage right?

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm 6'2", 180 lbs (down from 6'3", 210 lbs) and I still find it hard to locate the right sort to hide behind.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are not all as big as you are and as a woman I definitely wouldn't want to be. Nobody is going to go around shooting someone just because they said "boo", or anything else regardless of how bad it is for that matter! You say you're trying to protect us from "legal problems" but what about us or our families from being severely injured or killed by damned criminals or crazies? I'd much rather have legal problems if I had to than to be maimed, killed, etc.!!! Many on this thread are also insured for any legal issues that could possibly arise also. So stop pushing your own agenda in the guise of trying to protect us from "legal problems" already! If that happens to anyone just trying to protect themselves or their families then at least THEY'RE STILL BREATHING!!!

BTW you do realize that your large size can also make you an easier target especially if you go charging after somebody in a rage right?

Rolls on Ground Laughing. Well said.

mxtman2

Sep 25, 2004
Southern California
Detector(s) used
MXT/ Sunray probe
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

I love that quote.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, 179 mass shootings of unarmed people so far this year. Why ? Tp

Because 179 people learned too late they should have been armed.

Charlie hit the nail on the head. here at work there are several of us armed, if someone opened fire here they would be shot in a heart beat.

I carry because I prefer to be an armed citizen rather than an unarmed victim.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol! :laughing7: Good or bad beating, I'm NOT going to tolerate any kind period! I am also NOT going to apologize for the way that I feel about this and my right to protect myself to anybody either! :nono:
Go, girl, go! You got dat right! I LOVE this thread. ╦╦Ç

mxtman2

Sep 25, 2004
Southern California
Detector(s) used
MXT/ Sunray probe
I have a nephew (I think its orange co) who is early his early 20s who recently obtained a CA concealed carry permit. He told me it is proof that unicorns do exist.
Yes but it does depend on what county you live in. LA and SF, forget about it. Other counties have different ideas of just what "good cause" means to them. Some counties "self defense" is all you need to say. Others, you need to get a little more creative with your "good cause" statement.
I actually used the fact that I metal detect in remote areas as part of my "good cause statement".
I think its weird that a CA ccw is good in like 32 states but CA doesn't recognize any other states permits.

mxtman2

Sep 25, 2004
Southern California
Detector(s) used
MXT/ Sunray probe

Brings up my pet peeve about today's society as a whole. It's always someone else's fault. For anything, first thing you do is sue. As I was told in my CCW training class, "Remember, every bullet has a lawsuit attached to it."
Shoot that creep coming through your bedroom window at night and you will be found not guilty in the criminal court. But get ready, because the mother of said creep will be after you for civil damages for depriving her of the income creepy son provided.

And the sad truth is that they will find a jury willing to award. At least here in CA

Last edited:

mxtman2

Sep 25, 2004
Southern California
Detector(s) used
MXT/ Sunray probe
I knew of a *friend* of a *friend* who worked in the merchant navy. Had a hollowed out log which split in two with a tight tapered plug on one side and matching hole to push it together. Hand fitted by a carpenter in indonesia....covered in thick grease and lived in the engine room of his vessel. Overlooked by customs for nearly a decade. I believe the log made him the best part of a house, tax free in cash. Of course this is just a story and for information purposes only.

chub

Chub, Please forgive my ignorance, I must be missing something! Just what are you talking about here?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brings up my pet peeve about today's society as a whole. It's always someone else's fault. For anything, first thing you do is sue. As I was told in my CCW training class, "Remember, every bullet has a lawsuit attached to it."
Shoot that creep coming through your bedroom window at night and you will be found not guilty in the criminal court. But get ready, because the mother of said creep will be after you for civil damages for depriving her of the income creepy son provided.

And the sad truth is that they will find a jury willing to award. At least here in CA

Under fl law they can't sue us.

776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use or threatened use of force.—(1) A person who uses or threatens to use force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in such conduct and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use or threatened use of such force by the person, personal representative, or heirs of the person against whom the force was used or threatened, unless the person against whom force was used or threatened is a law enforcement officer.

I highly recommend anyone who has or carries a firearm to buy firarm insurance, I have USCCA platinum plan. https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/

PullTabSlayer

Jan 31, 2017
Troy Missouri
Detector(s) used
That one I grab for the day.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I carry 99% of the time. I have on one occasion pulled my pistol from my holster, I thank god that the act of pulling it from the holster was enough to defuse the situation causing the perp to clear out.
The perp, a young man coming at me with a hatchet, in the city of st louis.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions