I believe we need a gun thread. Carrying while detecting?

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I grew up in a family of hunters and fishermen. Mom was an active hunter before I was born and dad never gave it up. Guns were just part of our lives like much of the other outdoor gear. Fast forward to today when I go out exploring, or even out riding my motorcycle on my own. I don't expect trouble, but being female makes me a more likely target. I have my permit and generally have a firearm with me. Ironically in the areas that I tend to travel, folks aren't put off by a pistol or long gun. They are more likely to ask my how I like it or tell me that they have.

Joanne
Hey Jo, good post! I, for one, would like to see you post more. If these are the topics that do it for you, we need more. I did not touch a gun before joining the Marine Corps. They were good teachers. Police officer, prison guard, then Fed security at Kennedy space center and never shot less than perfect scores. 31 years total. That is not to say I am an ace, it is they "dumb down" their scoring systems so all the troops pass. I have other things to write but this is enough patting on my back for today. ╦╦Ç

Junkironkid

Mar 23, 2012
MS
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s said that the ghettos in New Orleans has all the oldest neighborhoods and parks (virgin ground) but to many murders to risk.
Imagine all the good finds in those area’s.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You sure that's a rattlesnake? Looks like the Eastern ratsnakes around my house - but they won't bother you, either. I have lots of them around the barn and they are welcome rodent control. Milk snakes, garter snakes, ringneck snakes as well.

sp_blackratsnake006.JPG

Black Rat snake, just big l'pets around here. I build nesting sites for them around the property so they have a chance to breed.
I know when they're around as the Chipmunks disappear for a few days, and if you look close some just become lunch.
IMG_20170818_121418.jpg IMG_20170726_101203.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread