Hematite Face Effigy?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree22Likes
  • 5 Post By EGREEN
  • 2 Post By The_Piratess
  • 2 Post By EGREEN
  • 3 Post By Treasure_Hunter
  • 2 Post By Chadeaux
  • 2 Post By EGREEN
  • 1 Post By Yolandarae
  • 1 Post By Customx_12
  • 2 Post By Treasure_Hunter
  • 1 Post By William the Conqueror
  • 1 Post By Charlie P. (NY)

Thread: Hematite Face Effigy?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Aug 2016
    Oklahoma
    9 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Hematite Face Effigy?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2017-07-20-20-23-09.png 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	1474586

I found this about 4yrs ago in Kentucky, can't remember the town but something like within 50miles of Lake Barkley/Land between the Lakes area. It's heavy, and it gets rusty. I know there is hematite and iron ore in the area, my dad has a favorite vein of it he brings hunks home from. I'm looking for some validation on what this is. It pretty much is a face with an exposed brain ontop, very interesting. I put it in my office plant and ever since then my plant has been clinging to life, finally removed it because I figure it's leaching something... Just hopefully not bad spirits
    Last edited by EGREEN; Jul 20, 2017 at 08:54 PM.

us
    Saint Malo Marauder

Apr 2017
    Ghost Ship
    Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
    1733 times
    Quote Originally Posted by EGREEN View Post

Name:	Screenshot_2017-07-20-20-23-09.png 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	1474586

I found this about 4yrs ago in Kentucky, can't remember the town but something like within 50miles of Lake Barkley/Land between the Lakes area. It's heavy, and it gets rusty. I know there is hematite and iron ore in the area, my dad has a favorite vein of it he brings hunks home from. I'm looking for some validation on what this is. It pretty much is a face with an exposed brain ontop, very interesting. I put it in my office plant and ever since then my plant has been clinging to life, finally removed it because I figure it's leaching something... Just hopefully not bad spirits
    It isn't hematite but I can't tell from the photo what it's made of? It actually looks more like the face of an owl. Oh yeah did I mention BRAINS!!!

"I don't want to sail with this ship of fools." - Karl Wallinger

Aug 2016
    Oklahoma
    9 times

Better Pic?

Name:	Screenshot_2017-07-20-22-21-22.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	1474696

This a little better picture.... I was going to get more but then the baby started crying and the 11yo was saying "not it", Then my phone went dead...Such is the life of a super hero.
    If I have time this weekend I'll try to get pictures of the sides and back. It feels, looks and acts like some sort of metal... even leaves a metallic smell on your hands after handling it. You can even see the red rusting from it being in my plant VS the first pic which was taken the day I found it 4 yrs ago.

I know there were iron smelters in the area, maybe someone made this just fooling around when they were melting the iron ore?

I found it in a ditch amongst some pretty cool fossils. There was a large clearing about half the size of a football field. It looked like a gravel pit, the whole area was just natural rocks of all kinds so I'm really surprised I found anything there just because it started to all look the same!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    32868 times
    Sorry, it is a geofact, natural stone
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    6179 times
    Cache Hunting
    On the other hand, you could paint in what you see and try to sell it ... works for my wife.
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

Aug 2016
    Oklahoma
    9 times
    Well fiddle stix!
    Not interested in painting it or selling it. I like the oddity for its oddities.... Might take it back to work for a conversation piece. Everyone that saw it thought it was creepy lol.
    Thank you!

Mar 2020
    Austin texas
    3 times
    I see it..Surely there's got to be a place you can send it off too that can tell you for sure ? I have a face effigy too and I don't think it's just mother nature....
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us
    May 2008
    Tesoro Silver uMax
    184 times
    It looks like a natural, but peculiar, formation to me, too. Doesn’t appear to be man made but, like you said, maybe keep it as a conversation piece at work or wherever. I doubt it had anything to do with the demise of your plant.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    30841 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I don't know but it would sell on Ebay!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    32868 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolandarae View Post
    I see it..Surely there's got to be a place you can send it off too that can tell you for sure ? I have a face effigy too and I don't think it's just mother nature....
    You can find someone who will tell you it's real just like you can find someone who will say the earth is flat. They call it portable art, which is really just combination of mother nature and their imagination.
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Jun 22, 2020 at 03:24 PM.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Apr 2020
    569 times
    I don't have any idea, but it looks cool!
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Jun 2007
    15099 times
    SPOOKY!

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    13654 times
    Metal Detecting
    Google "Pareidolia".

Our brains are hard-coded to get information from faces or detect the stare of a predator.

We see faces in inanimate objects.

Name:	34918554036_c2451b944d_b.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	160.1 KB 
ID:	1843575
    Chadeaux likes this.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    6179 times
    Cache Hunting
    . . . it's even worse when the clouds look back

Name:	I see you_v2.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	144.9 KB 
ID:	1851774
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

Sponsored Links