Dragging Canoe Chief of Chickamauga- North Carolina - 1770- metal detecting drones?

Nuclear Fuels

Jul 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all!

An ancestor of mine fought with Dragging Canoe and the British circa 1770 around Gowen's Fort, near Greenville, NC.

Rumor has it my ancestor was also a horse thief, plunderer, etc. and buried treasure somewhere aroudn the HOgback and Glassy Mountains

Each of these areas has been harvested for timber many times since 1770, so searching for Native AMerican symbols on trees probably won't work.

So I'm wondering if any of the experts on this forum have used metal detecting drones?

Also as I've been researching these areas, Greenville Watershed staff told me I'd have to send them my genealogy in order for them to let me walk in the water shed.

Happy to do so but seems like a metal detecting drone flight would be better suited for this project; no?

ANY ADVICE YOU CAN PROVIDE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED AND I"D BE MUCH OBLIGED TO RETURN THE FAVOR

Thanks!

Dragging Canoe, Chief, Chickamauga, Cherokee, North Carolina, Revolutionary War, 1770, metal detecting drones, drones

Chickamauga, Cherokee, Revolutionary War, metal detector, DRONES,

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post Nuclear Fuels - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - Moved from Help! over to General Discussion for more exposure.
tn_link.gif
3rd - I searched
tn_02.gif
and found a few threads talking about using drones - here is just one: Treasure hunting drones? (Jul 16, 2014, 11:38 PM)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread