new twist

Jul 11, 2017
LAKE CITY, FL
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a buddy that has the needed knowledge of the history of Columbia County, FL. He talked about the roads that were moved to where they are today, the tomb stone between 2 downtown buildings, the cave that dates back to 1800's. He has been talking with the forefathers families of our county and had learned things, such as fort White was on the Gilchrist county side miles up the sante Fe river, the hurricane in the later 1800's wiped out our cotton crops also in union county, baker county. the railroads rerouted. fort white had a plague go through there in the 1800's and had to be destroyed and body"s burnt. The nature bridges and railroad crossing. right down from my home there is a area that has enough of history of a hermit that owned 100 acres and he disappeared. I am in the mode. we have known each other over 40 years and when I told him about my metal detector, history came out.. i will be taking pictures of the locations and hopefully the finds. :thumbsup:

UPDATE; history of Fort White, the original is in gilchrist county on private land. The plague was yellow fever. The nature bridge on the sante fe is in a State Park. The area near me is on state land, where there is not Tresspassing, hunting and fishing. No permission. Now to realign.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions