So what kind of find gives you the greatest rush? relic, gold, silver or what?

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
For me, while silver and gold jewelry are exciting and really old coins can give you a date and make rush, but a really awesome relic can make it hard for me to decide too. Of course class rings are just awesome too but then you find something from a war period and the blood gets pumping.:icon_scratch: I guess that I straddle the fence on this right now, just too many finds that are awesome in their own right. right now I like it all in one way or another.

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#1 - Gold of any form or fashion, #2 - Scads of clad, quick, easy, and always available. #3 - Silver, not worth the effort anymore, just take what I run into while hunting clad. #4 - Relics, sold as soon as I can find an interested party, or if of low value then it is still out there waiting for whoever wants it. I've found my trophies, and basically just interested in fattening my wallet. Good hunting for whatever turns you on!

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ill take anything specially if i walk up and shes laying in the sun in a g string bikini wearing gold or silver now that gets my blood a pumping:laughing7:

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rings, especially if silver and gold. Necklaces because they are so hard to find.

I have never found a class ring. That would make my year. Returning a class ring would be priceless.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pull tabs. Each time I dig one I think, Well.....It COULD have been a gold ring.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
A pocket spill of these.:tongue3:

Bad Day Detecting Meme.jpg

GOD Bless

Chris

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gold for sure, especially with interesting stones. Then old coins, then silver.

But the Returns I have had are my fondest memories. The intensity of the moment when someone lays their hands on something they cherish that they thought was gone forever is indescribable.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gold for sure, especially with interesting stones. Then old coins, then silver.

But the Returns I have had are my fondest memories. The intensity of the moment when someone lays their hands on something they cherish that they thought was gone forever is indescribable.

I do love the returns, the disbelief that they have in their possession what was once long lost, it is truly priceless

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any find that doesn't have me saying 'dammit'.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
1. Large coppers, I haven't found one all year, and if I do, I will probably freak out. Spanish silver is an even better feeling, only found one though.
2. Colonial relics, shoe buckles and nice unique relics especially.
3. Silver coins or Indian Head cents.
4. Gold Jewelry, maybe a little higher than silver coins, it depends on how the size or each.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Being primarily a coin shooter, digging a bucket list coin always gives me the biggest rush. Seeing silver in the hole never ceases to bring a smile to my face, but a bucket lister will get to me break out into my happy dance.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me, while silver and gold jewelry are exciting and really old coins can give you a date and make rush, but a really awesome relic can make it hard for me to decide too. Of course class rings are just awesome too but then you find something from a war period and the blood gets pumping.:icon_scratch: I guess that I straddle the fence on this right now, just too many finds that are awesome in their own right. right now I like it all in one way or another.

I like most 'Cool non trash' Items I dig, but Seeing the White Patina of a Civil War Bullet get's me high, as Does Anything 'Silver Dollar Size' or Smaller round & has that Green Brass Patina, & Silver & Gold of course 'the gold I find usually turns out to be Aluminum tho.

Clad, Scrap Brass & Copper all pays well , to.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me, anything that is not pulltabs, foil or can slaw is a real good start. Would have to say that gold, silver or early American coinage would be the top of my list but with the small amount of hunting I have been able to do, even clad has a place and is quite welcome.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like anything my LRP gives a Beep for. It used to be CW relics but now any silver coin.
Marvin

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I love medallions and souvineer piecies that I can't read or research untill I get home. Tokens also!!!!

Same, I forgot to mention them! I have a huge medallion/fob/souvenir piece collection from metal detecting. They are some of my favorite finds, and most meaningful.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; I love finding anything that when at the end of the day as me and my gal are about to go to sleep and she asks "How did you do today"?? and I reply by sliding a good find into her hand only to see her beautiful smile. That always gives me a good Rush.!!! PEACE:RONB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions