Two Pound Gold Nugget found in Gold Pan!!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I found this cute little Gold Nugget (Kitten) sleeping in my' Gold Pan this morning and thought I would share a pic with you. This is one kitten out of 12 we have from two different litters. Anyone want a kitten?

Frank

Gold Nugget Kitten.jpg

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awwwwwwww.

We have five cats currently. No more for awhile.

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Double Awwwwwww - 1 indoor and 3 barn cats - all spayed/neutered - keeps down the cat food bills!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Love the picture! I'm a cat guy, I have 3. Every night here in my sanctuary upstairs in my ancestral home - rickety windows - the cats are up here chasing the moths that come up the windows. I stand up and swat the moths down for the cats, and they really have at it!

Besides the Internet, that's my total entertainment - I don't watch TV. Everything I need for entertainment is on Youtube, but the kitties take a couple hours away to catch and eat moths - I heard those are good for the cats?

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aaawwwwww I'd love a kitty, but I have 2, 18yo birds, after them....... freedom, lol.

My cat from long ago loved moths, crickets, lizards, cicadas, they were the funniest.
She'd paw at them, then when she'd get them in her mouth, they'd buzz and tickele her,
she'd sling 'em out, paw them, back in mouth, buzz, buzz, tickle, lather, rinse, repeat, lol.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No offense, but I wonder how many people are going to waste their time, like I did, viewing this thread because they believed the thread subject?
Jim

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Picked this one up out of the middle of the road last week... rode home in the console of the truck!

Attachments

• Kitty2.jpg
    Kitty2.jpg
    703.5 KB · Views: 78

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No offense, but I wonder how many people are going to waste their time, like I did, viewing this thread because they believed the thread subject?
Jim
Well, I actually think he should go panning, asap!!!!!!!

I mean: THERE'S A SIGN........ :laughing7:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jim

Damn Jim... Does the whole world have to revolve on everything being 100% up and center...? Come on guy it's "General Discussion". Let's get a sense of humor. If Frank was really serious it most certainly wouldn't be in GENERAL DISCUSSION. Who would do that and why...? I totally get your point but the..... "General Discussion" thread I think is "outside" of serious finds or discoverers.

Just my take on this subject.... Brad

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hate animals kids and super models, but I don't care who you are that is cute

OP
OP
H

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Jim

No offense taken! However, as much as I try to help others, I believe I earned the right to post a Thread that is off topic. Folks do it all of time on here and I believe that this is my first.

Frank

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Damn Jim... Does the whole world have to revolve on everything being 100% up and center...? Come on guy it's "General Discussion". Let's get a sense of humor. If Frank was really serious it most certainly wouldn't be in GENERAL DISCUSSION. Who would do that and why...? I totally get your point but the..... "General Discussion" thread I think is "outside" of serious finds or discoverers.

Just my take on this subject.... Brad
The idea of a "subject" for a thread is so people can easily bypass things they aren't interested in. Nobody, and I mean nobody, has time to read every thread on T-net. I value my time, and don't appreciate it being wasted. Why is it so difficult to be courteous to other users and put the true nature of a thread in the subject? Plain and simple, it's lack of consideration for others. Nothing humorous about it. Or is the author so desperate for views, he doesn't want to put the true subject in his thread title? I don't do that to others, and I appreciate others who don't do it to me.
jim

OP
OP
H

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Picked this one up out of the middle of the road last week... rode home in the console of the truck!

Too cute!

With 12 kittens, 8 of them still somewhat wild (yep, they are feral cats) and 4 adult cats outside, it is hard to get a vehicle out of or in the driveway. I took pity on a wild mama cat and her only baby left that were starving to death and began to feed them a little bit each day and what I now have is the result. I can't afford to pay for spaying and neutering, so I will be looking for homes for all of the cats and kittens soon. I avoid animal shelters because I know that most of the animals that are euthanized, end up getting sold to Veterinarian schools and for study.

Frank

Last edited:

EastCoastmetal

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2016
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro International
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Neat, at first I thought the cat was dead.

I suppose posting a picture of my cat that has worms wouldn't go over to well , lol

OP
OP
H

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
The idea of a "subject" for a thread is so people can easily bypass things they aren't interested in. Nobody, and I mean nobody, has time to read every thread on T-net. I value my time, and don't appreciate it being wasted. Why is it so difficult to be courteous to other users and put the true nature of a thread in the subject? Plain and simple, it's lack of consideration for others. Nothing humorous about it. Or is the author so desperate for views, he doesn't want to put the true subject in his thread title? I don't do that to others, and I appreciate others who don't do it to me.
jim

I am sorry that you don't have any sense of humor whatsoever and probably lack a personality! If you don't like my Thread, then ask a Moderator to delete it. My time is valuable to me as well but here I am dealing with stupid **** like this. I am not desperate for views and actually have a low Thread count for the four years I have been on TNET. I post more to give congrats, offer advice and help others out that need help. I could have flown off the handle and really laid it on but that is normally not who I am!

Frank

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jim

Here you go Jim. You've probably seen this recent find and it's just short of 2 pounds but it might help this thread to add some real gold.

Cat meat is yummy but it's not gold. :laughing7:

23oz .JPG

OP
OP
H

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Here you go Jim. You've probably seen this recent find and it's just short of 2 pounds but it might help this thread to add some real gold.

View attachment 1476276

Yeah but one can envision that it resembles three Orange Tabby Kittens in their Mother's womb!

Really nice specimen (large nugget) by the way!

Frank

Last edited:

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

View attachment 1476276
A blind man with a broken detector could find that...LOL. Nice! I wouldn't insult the finder by calling it a nuggy.
Jim

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am sorry that you don't have any sense of humor whatsoever and probably lack a personality! If you don't like my Thread, then ask a Moderator to delete it. My time is valuable to me as well but here I am dealing with stupid **** like this. I am not desperate for views and actually have a low Thread count for the four years I have been on TNET. I post more to give congrats, offer advice and help others out that need help. I could have flown off the handle and really laid it on but that is normally not who I am!
Frank
I've got a terrific sense of humor, Frank....I just fail to see what's funny about a completely disingenuous thread subject. Especially as it has nothing at all to do with treasure hunting. If you're wasting your time responding, you earned it.
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread