WP_20170729_07_46_44_Rich_LI (2).jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This really 'Ill's' me .
Have to go now but may comment more later.
GD All.
Davers

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If and when I leave the pack to wander off to find some place to die alone, pleased do not let me suffer the indignity of being found. As a matter fact, if you do find me you can just shoot me and go away.

Don't forget about that going away part.

Easier said than done when it comes to a helpless animal though Duckshot! :sadsmiley:

Dave

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You're definitely an animal lover and a good guy too Jim! :thumbsup:

What I don't understand how folks can love and care for a family member for 14 years, then seem so slow to respond when you let them know you found their lost dog. :icon_scratch:

I'd be devastated if this had happened to our dog,

Dave

PS. This is what our happy dog looks like this morning! :laughing7:

Your about the same rung as me on the ladder Dave when it comes to the dog. :laughing7: Then again Max and me are well below the two :cat:
Seriously you've met my family of fur balls and you know how they get treated.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What did you do with the dog? Other than write a story?

Forgot to add that the wife came out to say a few words to the owners but her actions were louder than any words. She brought out the jar of the high quality freeze dried liver treats and fed the dog pieces as she spoke to the folks, consoling and praising the dog also on its gentle demeanour with each piece. I really think that these actions made them a little sheepish towards their "pet". (As I say that with some reserve)

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes if you're that ignorant then you should have! ::) NO they aren't poor excuses! :angry4: If you knew as much about dogs as I do (which I can tell from your post that you most certainly do not), owned as many as I have and trained as many as I have as a Certified Level II Dog Obedience Trainer then you'd realize what I was saying was true! How on earth did he know when he first saw the dog what the dog's situation was? His owner could have been in the woods somewhere. Was he supposed to try to just take somebody's dog? That wouldn't be good for either of them! He called and found the owner and was told that their daughter was going to pick the dog up. I'm sure after it took him a few days to realize what those sick people were really up to that he did try to find and help the dog. I KNOW that I would have.

Also because he has other dogs like I do there is also a risk of bringing a stray around your dogs in case it is sick with something contagious that could threaten the lives of your dogs too. Then there is the possibility of your dogs being territorial or alphas and they could possibly get into a fight and one could get injured. So you would also have to have a place that is quarantined and away from your dogs until the dog has seen a vet and you know that they will all get along and none of them and especially the new one doesn't get hurt. I am set up for situations like this, but is everyone?

I have taken in all rescues of all kinds of animals including wild ones and shut down breeding mills including but not limited to dogs, cats, and parrots and even when I was ill and incapacitated myself and never once turned my back on not one animal in need of help or rescue. At the same time I also owe it to my own animals not to endanger their lives either.

Well said.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
My dogs have taught me more about love, compassion and faith than most people.

I can hardly read this as there is so many tears in my eyes for that abandoned Shepard!

Last edited:
OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My dogs have taught me more about love, compassion and faith than most people.

I can hardly read this as there is so many tears in my eyes for that abandoned Shepard!

I wear my emotions on the sleeve sometimes, things like this, and don't catch me without a Kleenex when a year jerking movie comes on.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Never really understood the whole slave-to-a-dog ownership thing. Too many neglected dogs.

Interesting that I never have heard the term "slave-to-a-dog" before. Read a bit up on the views of it and its pretty basic eye opening information. All I know is that if anything ever happens to me/wife the pets will still receive their care that would be (we hope the same that we give them) all the comforts a pet could ask for.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a lovely boy who has grown into such a happy camper!!! :icon_thumright:

Yes he has changed so much over the time we've had him, the good changes happen like a melting glacier, but they do happen!:laughing7:
He's growing into the pack protector it seems now, just the other day he was outside and the two cats were going out onto the lawn. He looked at the bush line a bolted toward the trees in a protective run. The threat was a bunny rabbit that was size of hamster. Still he was outrun/out smarted but returned with a proud stance of I'm the boss. (we have always tried to subdue the prey drive).

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really hope this GS Doggy is happy in Heaven or Still here on Earth.

I have a Soft spot for animals , I must admit I a Cat person , but I love dogs to (they just have bitten me many times , & bark when I don't want them to)..lol

Guess that's all I can say now, We got sick cat's & the others are getting old.
We lost 3 about this time -Oct last year.

I just hurt for them & make them as Comfy as possible.
&
I pray for 'Wisdom' to do the right thing when the time comes.
Soon i'm afraid for Ms, Kitten Love. :sadsmiley:

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I really hope this GS Doggy is happy in Heaven or Still here on Earth.

I have a Soft spot for animals , I must admit I a Cat person , but I love dogs to (they just have bitten me many times , & bark when I don't want them to)..lol

Guess that's all I can say now, We got sick cat's & the others are getting old.
We lost 3 about this time -Oct last year.

I just hurt for them & make them as Comfy as possible.
&
I pray for 'Wisdom' to do the right thing when the time comes.
Soon i'm afraid for Ms, Kitten Love. :sadsmiley:

Thanks for the reply Davers
Sorry for your losses.
It's one the hardest things to do putting a pet to rest, it rips ones heart apart a good many moons. We live in such a fast crazy world that it's things like our furry pets keep us grounded, and help us unwind from the world outside.
We just had another run away dog show up on the property. I drove up and this mix breed dog was yapping off to my wife in a fashion of a mix of standing its ground and being afraid. A car was parked in the middle of the road with its doors wide open and the owner trying to call this big dog in. So after 30 minutes or more the owner just left and got another car, the dog jumped right into the old car. New car was strange to the dog, even though the owner was driving. :laughing7: Happy ending

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread