Best Underground gold detector

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Depends on what you mean by "gold". Do you mean nuggets in their natural state ? (ie.: prospecting). Or do you mean gold coins on an individual basis (fumble fingers losses). Or do you mean caches (boxes or jars of gold). Need more information.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi Everyone,

I am from India and want to buy Gold detector.
Please suggest me good quality underground gold detector under $1200.00

Thanks

For an "underground gold detector" I've heard that maybe the "Dark Web" has stuff like that?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Minelab Gold Monster 1000

Fisher Goldbug Pro

Tesoro Lobo Super Trac

Whites GMT

Good Luck! :headbang:

OP
OP
A
Aug 3, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on what you mean by "gold". Do you mean nuggets in their natural state ? (ie.: prospecting). Or do you mean gold coins on an individual basis (fumble fingers losses). Or do you mean caches (boxes or jars of gold). Need more information.

Thanks for the information. I am looking for the gold coins and buried gold

OP
OP
A
Aug 3, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab Gold Monster 1000

Fisher Goldbug Pro

Tesoro Lobo Super Trac

Whites GMT

Good Luck! :headbang:

What about Garrett GTI 2500 Pro Package with Treasure Hound Eagle Eye?? I want gold detector for gold coin and buried gold (max depth 10 feet) Kindly suggest one.

Thanks

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the information. I am looking for the gold coins and buried gold

...... want gold detector for gold coin and buried gold (max depth 10 feet) ....

You still have not answered my original question. You are saying " gold coins" and " buried gold ". But this does not answer if you mean individual coins, or if you are referring to buried chests (large objects) full of gold coins. And don't say "all of the above" :) Otherwise you'll need 2 different machines (lest you be beset with scores of "gotcha" downfalls).

Based on your last post, where you refer to 10 feet and treasures, I am going to assume you do not mean individual fumble finger losses. And that you mean large treasures.

As such, do NOT not get a coin or Relic or nugget machine. Even if some of them can get a Volkswagen to 10 or more feet. Instead, get a 2-box machine. Like a whites TM-808.

The inherent advantage of a 2-box unit, is that they do not see any objects smaller than soda can sized. So you will not be bothered trying to discern Big versus small.

What about Garrett GTI 2500 Pro Package with Treasure Hound Eagle Eye?? .....

Yes, the Garrett with the option of turning it in to a 2-box, will be akin to the TM 808.

Good luck. Post pictures of show and tell.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
By the way, at "10 ft", you will no longer be able to get a jar or toolbox sized item with a 2-box. At that depth, the item will need to be the size of a tire or a large TV set.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread