Tree and Cairn

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cuz. Start reading up on the treasure trail. It's has both. Anything is possible. Another thing is that there will always be someone who has other options. Check out all possible leads. I have 1200 acres with some that has been logged. Trees get damaged. When they do it will stunt the growth.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
It looks like a trail marker someone made, or someone was just bored and made a rock tower. Tree looks stunted naturally, I see many weird trees, some even like those, out in the woods. The tree also doesn't look to be older than 70 or 80 years old. Tree and rocks' positioning in reference to each other is coincidental in my opinion.

Last edited:

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Also, there was a willow tree I planted 10 years ago on my old property. As of June, when we moved, it was a foot and a half wide (it loved the flooding in our yard). There was a horrible snowstorm one year when it was small that completely bent it. Now it looks identical to your tree, maybe even more dramatic, five feet up the tree, but then levels off at continues growing straight. I think something similar could have happened here. Tree growth is very interesting to research.

OP
OP
cuzimloony

cuzimloony

Apr 9, 2016
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Series
Minelab Gold Monster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input guys!!

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
A bit of fun. The leaves on the ground appear to be oak but there are some that resemble popular. The bark points to oak but like others also. I'd say White Oak but as there are more than 49 varieties of Oak in the USA so it's just a guess based on the thinness of the leaves. There might be Hemlock in the area but Hemlock's are evergreens.
I once worked with a guy that had previously been a tree trimmer for a power company. He could name a tree from even great distance. I always wished I could do that. I can get a few but not all of them like he could. Even the species like black oak, red oak etc.
Trying to guess things from pictures posted is just entertainment for me and I could be wrong.

Trees often grow around a barrier including wind. A large rock in the way when young will leave it's mark.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread