Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This week I discovered that I live within a block of a no longer used (probably) high school. In each classroom is a symbol in one of the windows. Has anyone ever seen this before?

0803171739.jpg

0803171738.jpg

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It may be a Secchi Disk symbol.

or

perhaps a Center of Gravity symbol.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wards off spells.

J/K - no idea what they are for.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Center of gravity or a target for a crash test dummy film analysis?

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess would be symbolizing which rooms are empty and desks etc moved to other schools in the district or storage. Or, are there any issues with grounds sinking? Could be be surveyors evaluating whether the buildings are shifting. Either way, I'd be searching the bejeebers out of it before they start fencing!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure but, don't let it distract you from plundering the heck out of that place!:skullflag::blackbeard::headbang:

OP
OP
Mzjavert

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know what it is but...as long as it don't mean "Radioactive" your in the clear!

Billhawk47

Nov 26, 2013
SURREY BC
Detector(s) used
FISHER F4
Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a screwdriver,trowel,and cloth to dig goodies. I sure don't know what that symbol means tho.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Makes me wonder if they are deciding if the building is worth refurbishing.

Yes, I'll be hitting this regularly. I'm actually heading out to buy a digger. Even though the school is not in use, I don't want to risk trouble by using my knife...which is a weapon!

Mzjavert, Do a favor, Walk down the halls etc. & peek in the windows and see if the rooms with the markers are empty, furniture blackboards etc. Please do this without your detector & tools! Thanks!

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you stretch a piece of string across three of those points you will find that they are all on the same level line. Archeologists , being only archeologists, are still baffled to this day...

And just to really screw with those archaeologists, they used tenths and hundredths of a foot instead of inches.

Last edited:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It may be a Secchi Disk symbol.

or

perhaps a Center of Gravity symbol.

I really can't believe you thought that they were checking water clarity on windows, or that these windows' centers of gravity, which appears to be in the upper left hand corner, are somehow relevant to anything. i think you are trying to pull one over on us, but i am just not sure as to what end....

You are obiously one of "them", with intimate knowlege of what it all means, but "they" are hidding something.

The conspiracy continues.:BangHead:

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know what the symbol is but if the grounds aren't fenced, there are not any "No Trespassing" signs and you do see active construction/destruction. go for it. I would think if there was something happening with the school, it would be noted at sometime on local news or in the local papers and could be searched. If being demolished or sold, you could find out when or what and if sold, how long to search before you might not have easy access. If being torn down, might want to check with the foreman and see if you can get in after they quit and hunt the grounds around the building area. If they take up a layer or two, you might get closer to older items, coins, jewelry, etc. Yeah, change the digger, we don't want to hear you got busted for having a weapon on school grounds! Good Luck!

OP
OP
Mzjavert

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have hit it once for a short period. Got two toy cars, a zincoln, and trash. I'll be hitting it a couple times a week. I figure this site can keep me busy for a good long while.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really can't believe you thought that they were checking water clarity on windows, or that these windows' centers of gravity, which appears to be in the upper left hand corner, are somehow relevant to anything. i think you are trying to pull one over on us, but i am just not sure as to what end....

You are obiously one of "them", with intimate knowlege of what it all means, but "they" are hidding something.

The conspiracy continues.:BangHead:
Yup! It's a conspiracy! That being they can send Joe the janitor out with a pickup & a couple of hand trucks and Special Top Secret instructions! You want to know what the instructions are?

Go to the school. Don't worry about the rooms with the stickers, they're already done. Bring ALL the desks and chairs to the secret storage building. And above all! Be very stealthy! Those metal detector folks are watching! Those metal detectors are just a cover...........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread