Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
It always surprises me that linking to another site is a no no. I thought that it only expands our knowledge and choices. It reminds me of that 30's/40's movie where the department store Santa (who was the real Santa) would recommend the other department stores for the item that wasn't carried at their store.
It was such a popular idea that it only made the original store all the more productive and successful.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It always surprises me that linking to another site is a no no. I thought that it only expands our knowledge and choices. It reminds me of that 30's/40's movie where the department store Santa (who was the real Santa) would recommend the other department stores for the item that wasn't carried at their store.
It was such a popular idea that it only made the original store all the more productive and successful.

I saw that show and know what you mean.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know of one forum that has a membership base of 3,813 member, but only 4 or 5 members actively contribute. The rest are mere bumps on the log. Makes you wonder two things .. What was the purpose of joining, and what is the purpose of keeping the forum active? I know of another smaller one with 293 members and there are literally only 2 that actively participate. There are a lot of lurkers on both .. but what are they lurking?
I think a lot of the lurkers are newbies that are trying to just learn. Doesn't matter whether you've been detecting 20 minutes or 20 years you'll always have questions and eventually something to add. Doesn't matter if you think your post isn't much, but you might've answered someones question. And last but not least, some folks aren't as motor mouthed as me er ahhh the rest of us.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did not write the rules but what is the point in having a site for a specific thing and then have people post on your site a link to another site like yours? I reckon that was the thinking behind it. We used to have people come in to just try to mine members for their site so I guess why that rule is enforced but we do not go ballistic over it and am defiantly not giving 50 lashes with a wet noodle :whip2:

Well it was only to give a few Canadians a heads up there's another place - which would hardly compete here being Canadian and still only having 88 or so members after 5 years. Also, it's not my site, and I did not make a big deal about the link being removed... didn't even notice because I don't care that much as I did not post it to steal away 80,000 T-net members... but make no mistake, I could if I wanted to as all I'd have to do is give them free tickets to my wet noodle lashing.

DigginDoc

Aug 6, 2017
BC, Canada
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Tesoro Eldorado, Silver, F4, F1280x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Doc, remember me? Krose from Treasure Quest. Hope you are doing well. There are a few cross over members here from TQ. Good to have you here too.
Enjoy Devldog. Nice to see you and to share.
Cheers
Doc

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very true. It was a good forum and I was a long term member and poster. Too bad, because to me, it was getting better and busier.
It went down yesterday. The owner wanted out. Maybe someone will pick it up again.
Cheers
Doc....A new member here and looking forward to enjoying.

Hi DiggingDoc

Good to hear that your still digging holes in the sunny/hot banana belt of BC. Must be a roaster out there this year, smokey hot isn't my way of going through a summer. Growing up around the "Fish Elbows" of the valley the temps were very moderate compared to yours. Doing 5+ yrs on the Canadian Forum and having been very active in that time period I only hope somebody will take the torch and carry on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread