WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
As I posted in a previous thread, my husband forgot my birthday. It was on a Saturday this year. We had plans to go to the lake. I told him that since it was my birthday, I wanted to hang back with my parents and that he should take our son fishing instead. Thursday night I suggested that we get a pizza for supper since he was going to be fishing on my birthday.
I even told my son that he was going to be fishing on my birthday.
So weekend comes and goes and they return Sunday night. I got nothing but fish tales. So I walked off. They could tell I was upset but didn't know why. I didn't let on until I could get to a point where I could laugh about it. It took me five days! You should have seen his face when I dropped the bomb! So he's been doing a list of things to make up for it: taking me out to eat, rigging my 4 wheeler, finishing up the trailer punch list, taking me to the oldest dairy in Ohio (Tofts), and finally this
IMG_0794.JPG
It's a liquor cabinet that my dad had bought for his dad back in the late 1940's. My dad gave it to us a few years ago. It's made out of a solid poplar construction with a walnut veneer. It had been stored in basement which is damp and used to flood. There's major flood damage and the veneer was bubbling up and molding. So hubby did his thing to fix it as best as he could. I asked him to keep it as original as possible but I knew he was replacing the veneer with a pine veneer so that it would match our trailer. Here's the almost finished piece (still needs handles or knobs)
IMG_1321.JPG
IMG_1322.JPG
IMG_1323.JPG
IMG_1324.JPG
I milked it for as long as I could! I don't think he'll forget my birthday again! LOL!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That cabinet looks great and even though he forgot your BIRTHDAY restoring it was a true act of love.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't know there was an end to a "honey do list", mine just keeps growing :laughing7:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice cabinet. I got rid of my "honey-do list".:wave:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful restoration job! :icon_thumleft:

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great story, sorry he went blonde and forgot your birthday.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
The glasses in the cabinet came with it. I wish you could here my dad's tone when he told me about them, made it funnier. All the pieces are there. He said, " That's real gold around the rims. They made quality stuff back then, not that cheap $#!+ from China like they sell today."

SOooo,
I found gold!

Ha!ha!ha!
I got another set of glasses and some liquor bottles and a couple steins plus some miscellaneous drink stirrers.

15024033288591042372915.jpg

1502404155632-1738525976.jpg

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very very nice.

My honey doo list is in a three ring binder and is growing by the hour. If I was ever to forget a birthday and had to finish the "list" it would bankrupt and kill me.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Fish1on, you will probably relate to this. His excuse to everyone is, "All I heard was 'fishing'."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread