Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a very quiet fellow, just ask Pat!

I guess my curse is that I'm a touch typist and can rail away on here commenting and posting.

My oldest friends are in North Carolina, and when I visit (which becomes rare now), the wife prattles on and on and on. She's an alcoholic, heavy Southern accent, and mumbles - but insists on talking to me 24/7, and I can't even understand what she's saying.

Some people just make noise, and that's all.
Alcoholic southern girl....... Sounds like fun. Lol

HH, RN

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Obviously there is a short coming in some Men's ability to pick a mate. After 55 years of marriage we still have great conversations about any and everything. I listen to her and discuss cooking, diets, etc and she in turn listens and talks to me about Auto mechanics, Detecting, etc.
Before we got old we hunted, fished, Gold panned, Detected, Cooked out,Gardened, etc, together.
She ain't a Tomboy, but she'll do 'til one comes along. Next February=56 years.
BTW, we had an agreement before marriage. I said, I will make a living and She said, I will make us a HOME and raise our Children.
Marvin

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After 30 years of marriage, all I hear is ocean noises.

I asked her once why she was always talking to the dogs and her reply was......" They listen"

HH, RN

37 years here.

I was given the secret many years ago by an Episcopal priest:

"Where she leads me I will follow. What she feeds me I will swallow."

I'm Methodist, She was Lutheran. Good compromise. ;-)

Last edited:

walnuttree

Jul 23, 2015
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe some of you men are in need of this nifty intact survival kit I picked up at Goodwill recently. It gave me a laugh. Been there. Currently I'm in a nagging purgatory so the doghouse looks good. 15021569263611312760324.jpg

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My girlfriend (I love her), ugh. She talks CONSTANTLY. To the dogs (and cats), to herself, to the tv, to her phone, into her phone, to the birds and trees, and then..... when she talks to me and I miss it.......... I'm INGNORING her! Anyone else? ╦╦Ç

My wife is doing that now. Telling me what she did at work and what all the people there did to annoy her.

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My girlfriend (I love her), ugh. She talks CONSTANTLY. To the dogs (and cats), to herself, to the tv, to her phone, into her phone, to the birds and trees, and then..... when she talks to me and I miss it.......... I'm INGNORING her! Anyone else? ╦╦Ç

Nope, your girlfriend and I talk just fine. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

My wife and I have been together for 25+ years and the reality of it is this..........

There are plenty of times her nattering annoys me, but I'd rather that than not hear her voice at all.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know! I want to play on the computer and........... Yap, yap, yap going in the background.....Something about Bills, food, our son, ...The responsible nonsense! Who wants to talk about that? :laughing7:

Honestly, her and I joke around about each other. I'm very fortunate. We get along, we like a lot of the same things. Detecting and playing in the dirt, outdoors stuff. We get along great. 22 years and knew each other 5 years before that. The first few years we argued and broke all the dishes and furniture! So, now? There's nothing left to argue about (or dishes)! Or like she likes to tell her friends...She has me trained! :icon_scratch: "What ever you say hon! uh huh"

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When ever they take a break or a breath in some cases, just say, "You feeling OK? You've been kinda quiet lately, you OK?" Breaks the train of thought, and leaves em wondering whether you're being sarcastic or you're REALLY interested in what their babbling. That should buy you at least an hour of golden silence. Talking to the dog all the time? Try, "Hey! rover wants to know (fill in the blank)." When she answers repeat it to the dog with a "Understand now?" on the end.

I keep telling you guys! "You just gotta have fun with it!!!!!"

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine is an introverted rational-thinking PhD (i.e. a conservative) so when she has something to say it is usually quite interesting or relevant. This morning, after reading a bit too much idiotic post-modernist neo-marxist horse-sh!t being spewed by toxic 3rd-wave feminists she gravely said "I really do think it was a bad idea to give women the vote..."

Glad that she was the one to say it! :laughing7:

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Obviously there is a short coming in some Men's ability to pick a mate. After 55 years of marriage we still have great conversations about any and everything. I listen to her and discuss cooking, diets, etc and she in turn listens and talks to me about Auto mechanics, Detecting, etc.
Before we got old we hunted, fished, Gold panned, Detected, Cooked out,Gardened, etc, together.
She ain't a Tomboy, but she'll do 'til one comes along. Next February=56 years.
BTW, we had an agreement before marriage. I said, I will make a living and She said, I will make us a HOME and raise our Children.
Marvin
FIFTY SIX YEARS! My most profound congradulations! Terry

4x4x4

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2017
Southern California, outside of San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....Ha !
Terry , I'd gone through the same thing !
My solution ? I insisted on her ADDRESSING ME , prefacing any communication directed towards me . I address her by name also (we each have pets) as I address the cat .
She was aware of this nuisance and quickly caught on.......... We remain friends ��

Last edited:

doodle64

Jun 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You don't know when to listen!

EastCoastmetal

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2016
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro International
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol,this thread, Never had such peace and quite since the divorce. Zero desire to get caught up in that foolishness again.

callicles

Jan 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ain't nothing easy. Treat relationships, particularly marriage, like a Cold War. All good ones are. It requires diplomacy and communication to keep the thing from becoming hot. Proxy wars here and there arise and are ok. Diplomatic communication = detente = long lasting, good marriage. Everything else I have found to be BS.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread