chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try turning the threshold down a bit and change over to 3 tone. Ignore the iron grunt....mid tone is mostly rubbish.... high tone means you're doing good.

Chub

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Found this on Google
ProbSolv.jpg

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other
This works for me (sometimes)... I am in my '60s so I can overplay my bad hearing by saying "What?? or What did you say?" a LOT. This wears her down and she will not prattle as much.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ah a JABBERWALKIE .. walks around jabbering on to herself..,.OR A MUMBLEWALKER -walks along mumbling to themselves

of course I TALK TO MYSELF ..sometimes I need a intelligent person to talk to...and there is none to be found..in these parts

Last edited:
OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ah a JABBERWALKIE .. walks around jabbering on to herself..,.OR A MUMBLEWALKER -walks along mumbling to themselves

of course I TALK TO MYSELF ..sometimes I need a intelligent person to talk to...and there is none to be found..in these parts
Ivan, gets bad when you cannot agree with YOURSELF! (Tnx) ╦╦Ç

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I invited my friend to go out with my wife and I for the weekend. He wants to bring a girlfriend I never have met. My wife is cool with it because she loves people. I have my reservations about it. Anyway the women was a compulsive talker. Never shut up. I pretty much tuned her out most of the time. I wasn’t rude or anything like that. Just didn’t engage with the chatter. Like when your detector chatters. Neither convey anything useful or interesting.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
make her watch this

then say, think about it

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OMG Funny Stuff Here Chug I'm Hearing impaired Milk it yep Red Knows when I'm doing it to Others works sometime on her Not often Chug:dontknow:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to make boundries too! The garage is my space...Stay out! And you can have the WHOLE inside of the house. Well, except one of the "offices"(bathroom).

I was working in the garage...I needed nail polish, a hair dryer, vinegar, ammonia, for a project I was working on......She's on the phone. "Ya, Mom! He came in asked for my nail polish, hair dryer,etc... If he even comes back in here looking for a skirt? I'm coming to live with you! I don't even want to know what he's doing out there!!!"

She never came to look either! At my pinball machine project!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Love playing pinball and when the wife is playing all I can hear are those sweet digital chimes & dings.
Actually she's too smart to rattle. Sometimes I wish she would small talk about unimportant things.
I have the perfect wife and She supports my MDing and I do the laundry.
We've been married for 45 years and grew up together so pretty much it's been smooth sailing (after I learned to do the laundry)!

Last edited:

EastCoastmetal

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2016
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro International
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have to make boundries too! The garage is my space...Stay out! And you can have the WHOLE inside of the house. Well, except one of the "offices"(bathroom).

I was working in the garage...I needed nail polish, a hair dryer, vinegar, ammonia, for a project I was working on......She's on the phone. "Ya, Mom! He came in asked for my nail polish, hair dryer,etc... If he even comes back in here looking for a skirt? I'm coming to live with you! I don't even want to know what he's doing out there!!!"

She never came to look either! At my pinball machine project!

The crazy ones don't observe boundaries.

callicles

Jan 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Isn't it a Jamey Johnson song where he says "all women are crazy, some just hide it well and others just let it show"?

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
During university I knew a similar gal. I always liked hanging with her, she could have a whole conversation with herself.

I myself am a man of few words. So it was fun seeing a lady friend whom could talk for both of us. :laughing7:

Johnbrian

Jun 15, 2017
Bakersfield, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's 3900/D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I provide full-time care to my 85-yr-old Mom. She is moderately hard of hearing so sometimes talking to hear is like talking to a brick. She gets mad when I repeat something to her for the third or fourth time because each time I increase the volume so when she finally hears what I am saying it is generally too loud!

I'm 59 and over the years I have been subjected to many loud noises-- vehicles, sirens, music, gunfire, machine tools, etc--- so I am a bit hard of hearing as well. I sometimes have to ask her to repeat what she has said but it usually only takes one try for me to finally understand.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread