post your pics of....

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Not mine but the same Model and color as mine. Mine was a Silver, Black, Blue, Gray and Red 5-tone with 16 inch Mud Grips all-way around. The previous owner apparently did not have enough paint and/or primer to make it one color and is probably why I got it sooooo cheap. Bought the car in 1970 for $200 when I was 17 years old and even though I did not have a Driver's License, I drove the hell out of the old girl and even used her to mow down many a corn field so that me and my friends could play football.

Frank

1950 Chevrolet Fleetline Deluxe Fastback Sedan

1950chevyfleetlinedeluxfastbksr0710.jpg

Last edited:

FriscoT06

May 2, 2011
Hatteras Island, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II (retired), Minelab X-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Still drive her everyday. No AC, windshield leak, and the radiator still leaks but still the more dependable than my wife's Honda, which mine has had to jump hers numerous times. 302 transplant and auto trans. Got my first one dirt cheap when I was 15, and after fixing it up everyday after school for a year, it got stolen. Then found another dirt cheap when I was 25 and did the same thing, been driving it ever since.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I thought I would post my' second and third cars in case there is interest of the cars beyond our' first. I hope others will post as well. My oldest sister who has since passed had pics of these two cars but I believe they were lost when her' and my brother-in-law's house burnt. Of course, these are not mine' but they are the same models and very close to the colors.

Frank

1949 Chevrolet Styleline Coupe which was almost fully restored by the previous owner. He passed in the summer of 1970, the car sat in the garage all winter with just water in the radiator and engine, thus the engine block froze and cracked. I bought it in 1971 for $100, never got it running and only steered it home while my brother-in-law towed the car home.

1949 Chevrolet Styleline Coupe.jpg

Titled as a 1964 Mercury Comet Caliente Coupe but found out years later that it was a 1963 1/2 or 1964 1/2 Test or Experimental Car, way after my brother-in-law sold her after I gave her to him to repay some debt. She came from the factory with a 289 cubic inch engine with an alternator, 4 speed in the floor, leather upholstery, carpeting and an Aluminum body and she also had chrome half moon headlight covers. My record was 150 feet of black marks with it in 1st gear. She had a 2-barrel carburetor that semi-flooded but which performed similar to a 4-barrel. It was weird because when you punched it while cruising down the road, the carburetor would make a "whaaaaa" sound which was it flooding but if you let off and punched it again, she would take off like a scalded dog no matter what gear you had her in.

1964 Mercury Comet Caliente Coupe.jpg

Last edited:

4x4x4

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2017
Southern California, outside of San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I would post my' second and third cars in case there is interest of the cars beyond our' first. I hope others will post as well. My oldest sister who has since passed had pics of these two cars but I believe they were lost when her' and my brother-in-law's house burnt. Of course, these are not mine' but they are the same models and very close to the colors.

Frank

1949 Chevrolet Styleline Coupe which was almost fully restored by the previous owner. He passed in the summer of 1970, the car sat in the garage all winter with just water in the radiator and engine, thus the engine block froze and cracked. I bought it in 1971 for $100, never got it running and only steered it home while my brother-in-law towed the car home.

View attachment 1482201

Titled as a 1964 Mercury Comet Caliente Coupe but found out years later that it was a 1963 1/2 or 1964 1/2 Test or Experimental Car, way after my brother-in-law sold her after I gave her to him to repay some debt. She came from the factory with a 289 cubic inch engine with an alternator, 4 speed in the floor, leather upholstery, carpeting and an Aluminum body and she also had chrome half moon headlight covers. My record was 150 feet of black marks with it in 1st gear. She had a 2-barrel carburetor that semi-flooded but which performed similar to a 4-barrel. It was weird because when you punched it while cruising down the road, the carburetor would make a "whaaaaa" sound which was it flooding but if you let off and punched it again, she would take off like a scalded dog no matter what gear you had her in.

View attachment 1482207

YES , That is an unusual car . No 260 motor , no generator and removable aluminum body panels. The alternator actually was standard in '65 yet the '64 steering column / wheel was not interchangeable with the '65 ...... and in '63 the 260 motor with power steering needed a small hydraulic cylinder running off the PS pump to push the throttle so the sadly underpowered motor wouldn't stall as you turned the wheel ! I wonder what that beauty would be worth today ? A "factory" race car would come radio and heater delete . Was that the case with yours ?
Thanks for the memories.

Mark.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
YES , That is an unusual car . No 260 motor , no generator and removable aluminum body panels. The alternator actually was standard in '65 yet the '64 steering column / wheel was not interchangeable with the '65 ...... and in '63 the 260 motor with power steering needed a small hydraulic cylinder running off the PS pump to push the throttle so the sadly underpowered motor wouldn't stall as you turned the wheel ! I wonder what that beauty would be worth today ? A "factory" race car would come radio and heater delete . Was that the case with yours ?
Thanks for the memories.

Mark.

Mark,

She was apparently not a "factory" race car as she had both a radio and heater and although my memory does not serve as well as it used to, I think she had power steering but don't quote me on that. I have been told by many folks that collect and/or buy and sell Custom, Vintage and Antique cars and trucks, that she would likely bring over $100,000 at auction and possibly a lot more. I have tried locating the old gal but in my previous attempts I only had them search for her being titled in my brother-in-laws name when she may have been titled in my sister's name or mine. As fast as she would go and tear up the pavement in 1st gear, I always felt that some young punk eventually bought her and wrapped her around a tree or telephone pole. I plan to make another trip to the County Clerk's Office and have them search using my sister's and my' names. I rebuilt the engine in her in 1972 some months before I received my Draft Notice due to the Oil Pump locking up. Because my brother-in-law convinced me to put the engine back together without replacing the crankshaft bearings, inserts, plates and seals and without having the crankshaft balanced and polished, I am sorry to say that it warped the crankshaft and the engine sounded as if it had a 3/4 cam in it. My brother-in-law had the engine replaced before he sold the old gal. The good thing is, if I ever find her, she had a standard 289 (not high performance) from the factory, so a 1964 made 289 should suffice. The alternator and voltage regulator was the same as what was installed in the 1964 Lincoln Continentals but an upgrade would be needed because Lincoln Continental alternator regulators never worked right in her. We never could figure out what the problem was but I theorize that the alternator was too powerful and caused the regulator to overheat and fail and it even took out a few batteries. I sure hope that my new search yields success in finding the old gal.

Frank

Last edited:

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is one of me and Dad's Dog in 1957. This was my second car. No pic of my 1929 Ford Model A.
Marvin
Marvin's '48 Ford 1957.jpg

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is me with the first car I owned, a 1940 Ford Deluxe Opera Coupe. I bought it in 1973 when I got out of the Navy. I was mustered out in Lemoore, Ca and drove this car from there to Albany, Ga. I picked up a hitch hiker just outside of Lemoore who was going to Dothan, Al. and that was only about 70 miles from my destination. We drove straight through only stopping for food, gas and bathroom breaks. A week after getting home, I loaded up my wife and drove the car to Hagerstwon, Md. to see my family. I sold the car when my son was born in 75. Never saw it again.

Attachments

• 20170120_221333.jpg
    20170120_221333.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 60

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
My current ride and two project cars. 67 GTO, 50 Pontiac fastback and 39 Pontiac series 28 sedan. The 39 will be my wife's if I live that long! In case you didn't know it I am a Pontiac NUT!

I've got some pics for you then!!! I'll dig them out & post them. Love Old Pontiacs!

OP
OP
GB1

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
This is me with the first car I owned, a 1940 Ford Deluxe Opera Coupe. I bought it in 1973 when I got out of the Navy. I was mustered out in Lemoore, Ca and drove this car from there to Albany, Ga. I picked up a hitch hiker just outside of Lemoore who was going to Dothan, Al. and that was only about 70 miles from my destination. We drove straight through only stopping for food, gas and bathroom breaks. A week after getting home, I loaded up my wife and drove the car to Hagerstwon, Md. to see my family. I sold the car when my son was born in 75. Never saw it again.

thank you for your service fyfftr1

Nick Russell

Greenie
Aug 7, 2017
Edgewater, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm old enough to have had grown up in the age of the muscle car and have had some nice rides in my life. Here are two of them, a 1958 Chevy pickup and a 1969 Corvette.
1958 Chevrolet pickup.jpg 1969 Corvette Stingray.jpg

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frank

View attachment 1482201

View attachment 1482207

Interesting car, it looks like a Ford Falcon Futura.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting car, it looks like a Ford Falcon Futura.

I never noticed that but you are right! It appears that they both shared the same body style but had different grill...headlight and signal light designs, completely different taillight and trunk design and I am sure the interior as well.

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread