Heart Palpatations at the Supermarket Coinstar

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Picked up some prescriptions today at the Supermarket pharmacy, and on the way out the door swiped the Coinstar basket and reject tray with my free hand. BINGO! Feels like a dime in the reject tray and I'm thinking "Come on Silver Merc!" Pull it out, open my hand and the glint of GOLD fills my eyes!!!!!!!

Heart stops. Time slows down, everything is in slow motion. The sounds of the busy supermarket and the people around me disappear.

But, something was wrong. It didn't feel right in my hand :dontknow: I gazed at the Golden Coin in my hand and slowly flipped it over.. ???
https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-value-of-a-Confoederatio-Helvetica-coin-Is-it-rare Reality crashed back in on me like car being driven by Billy Joel. :hello: :skullflag:

Attachments

• IMG_20170811_162636.jpg
    IMG_20170811_162636.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20170811_162600.jpg
    IMG_20170811_162600.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 89

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, you are telling us, Terry, that it isn't gold?

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At least you got to dream for a minute.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck Terry, at our age the cheap thrill was worth the price of a gold coin!:laughing7:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think how much stronger your heart now is in prep. for when the real thing happens. It's kind of like every time you dig a pull tab, well........it COULD have been a gold ring.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I remember getting a couple while hunting dime rolls. I thought I struck gold for a couple seconds :laughing7:. Free is free!

They need to make those out of a different color metal, or better yet, real gold :)

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up some prescriptions today at the Supermarket pharmacy, and on the way out the door swiped the Coinstar basket and reject tray with my free hand. BINGO! Feels like a dime in the reject tray and I'm thinking "Come on Silver Merc!" Pull it out, open my hand and the glint of GOLD fills my eyes!!!!!!!

Heart stops. Time slows down, everything is in slow motion. The sounds of the busy supermarket and the people around me disappear.

But, something was wrong. It didn't feel right in my hand :dontknow: I gazed at the Golden Coin in my hand and slowly flipped it over.. ???
https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-value-of-a-Confoederatio-Helvetica-coin-Is-it-rare Reality crashed back in on me like car being driven by Billy Joel. :hello: :skullflag:

Was one of the prescriptions for medical marijuana?

Chub

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
My favorite part is when the busy sounds of the store and shoppers disappeared around you!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow thought you had a beauty there! next time Terry!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That would stopped time for me as well Terry, a nitro moment where the time stops-the rush of adrenaline shoots through the body-then reality hits.
I'm thinking it's a winner to go messing with a detecting buddy-plant-record-laugh-run.:laughing7:

Crowfriend

Apr 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Coinstar basket and reject tray" Is this the same thing or two different places to look?

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Coinstar basket and reject tray" Is this the same thing or two different places to look?

The reject tray is on the front of the machine. The basket is where you feed in the coins. This is just below the screen. I often find coins in the blind spot.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Coinstars are becoming a popular place...nice find! :occasion14:

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
That would stopped time for me as well Terry, a nitro moment where the time stops-the rush of adrenaline shoots through the body-then reality hits.
I'm thinking it's a winner to go messing with a detecting buddy-plant-record-laugh-run.:laughing7:

I have some Swiss "gold" coins, and some friends who metal detect :laughing7:.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have dug up some of those "gold" colored Euros and almost did the happy dance. Boy that is a swift free fall back to reality!
....but its out there somewhere!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread