Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You should've got her phone #. How did she look lol. I've had that to happen to me. Just shrug it off let it go. There will be more places to hunt maybe better. G/L
Hitting an 1800's mansion in the morning. Some very high US dignitaries have stayed there.

LoganFlame

Jul 4, 2017
New Pekin, IN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II, Garrets Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been there a few times, more so recently than in the past but just part of the sport, people not wanting respectable people to enjoy a great hobby!

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hitting an 1800's mansion in the morning. Some very high US dignitaries have stayed there.

Been there a few times, more so recently than in the past but just part of the sport, people not wanting respectable people to enjoy a great hobby!

Haha!! I thought for a second that you were telling me that you had detected that 1800's mansion "a few times" before. You had me going for a second.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, you found a couple coins. Have you thought about putting one of them in a flip and going back and giving it to Jims wife for her trouble? Might get him out of hot water & your permission back. Small price to pay considering it sounds like a good site to hunt. A lot of times you just need to beat the crud outta them with kindness! Heck you might even end up with a couple of new hunting buddies to PO the busy body!
Oh brother. What "trouble" did jims poor wife have to go through? I'd have told Jim to grow a pair myself. I'm sure his wife isn't the one doing the yard work. The old biddy next door would have gotten the one finger salute as I detected her swale. The time for sugar coating is over. That's what wrong wth this country. Backstriped citizens.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should have left her with the garret carrot after demonstrating the vibration feature... could have bought yourself some time to hunt in peace and quiet.

Chub

'No way' LOL

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hope you did well , Ill try to check..

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you had any idea how many hours I hunted and how many miles I've driven and how many doors I've knocked on this summer to find that quarter, you would know that I can't do that. Me and my buddy have been all over the place this summer, have hunted what should have been some amazing 1800's homes, only to be skunked time after time when it came to silver (some nice relics and tokens, though). We FINALLY found THE place... three silvers in about 45 minutes... and SLAM goes the door.

No... she's not getting my quarter.

I feel ya, Silver Quarters only pop out for me 1-4 times a year. Just 1 this year.

As I said i'd guy a AG or Good condition Quarter at Melt price and offer it , Not the Quarter , I would not sell for less than $100 , 'Man we do got it bad' lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread