Great story about a return from a newbie as well as an update.

Stuperduke

May 30, 2017
Vancouver WA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX-4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I posted not too long ago about acquiring a GPX4K and have thus far loved the machine. With the help of some of you folks that sent PMs about great resources I have been able to navigate these new waters with ease. Well on the the story.

About a week ago I was detecting a Bay Area beach, not finding much but enjoying the weather and beach so I stayed longer than normal. After about two hours a young woman comes running up asking if I had found or seen her wallet on my path and I kindly said no. She exclaimed that her keys and whatnot were attached to it and that it was her life. She also stated that her cell phone had died and she was in pinch, so I told her I would try and keep an eye out and beep around her path.....her described path was about 1.5 miles and she said she had been zig zagging. Anyway, I started up the beach along parallel with the water about 15 feet from it hoping for something. Half paying attention to my walking and the other half glancing around. Anyway, after about 10 minutes I had an unusually great signal, all it took was a swipe of the sand and there her LV wallet with keys attached rested. I tracked her down and completed the return. Thus far that has been the best find for me.

The update. A ton of color panning the Yuba but havent done much detecting near the river what with claims and BLM not liking it too much. Through the use of the national archives website I found an old mining camp near one of my favorite spots up North. Its unclaimed BLM land so I detected to my hearts content. I found about 45 square head nails which was a great sign for me as it meant I was in the right spot of the woods but little more. As darkness approached I stumbled upon a bunch of trash......very old trash to be exact!!!! I had to leave early the next morning but from what I gather I had found the dump for the old camp which is fantastic as I understand it was always within walking distance of the actual camp. Anyway, I will keep it short and save the boredom for you all. I will post some pictures of the innumerable amount of nails as well as the old bullets and at last the beautiful gold pulled from under a very giving rock on the Yuba, I strictly pan by the way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread