Anyone else have a detecting problem like me?

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....Haven't vacuumed in three years , eat from paper plates and continue to buy new clothes in lieu of laundry. My social life is nil as is my dance card. Can't get the oil changed in the detection vehicle 'cause there are no Lube N Tunes enrout to the treasure fields.
I only have a kitchen because it came with the place. I could pull a "heist" as I have no discernable fingerprints left but could be easily identified by my crippled gait and and Batman like detector vest and belt festooned with my tools of the trade, pads and I always forget to remove my headphones.
Women shun me and children point or run . I can't keep a boss as they won't play by my rules . ALL purchases are made with crusty clad and I've been banned from my bank and local Target store. I gifted my neighbor with a found necklace and she called the cops.
I don't have time to shave let alone shower or remember key dates like birthdays, anniversaries or dentist appointments.
My mental health counselor just doesn't understand me and thinks there are more pressing issues than saving the gold . . . Nobody understands me......nobody.

I feel ya buddy. :thumbsup:

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a self-employed person, I've let my work success falter at the hands of the priority of md'ing . Like times when I *could* more aggressive at customer retention, I've been off on md'ing trips instead.

Example: One time I had a customer complaint that our regional employee in that area wasn't doing the job right . And they stressed that on an upcoming day, they needed XYZ better service, because they were having a site inspection. I knew full well I should not trust this under-achieving employee to do it right, as he'd been slacking off. HOWEVER, that day was slated to be good ocean swells eroding the beach. So rather than going to this account and doing it right, or further-training our employee to double-check, I simply called the guy instead and told him "do a better job, they're having an inspection tomorrow".

And ... you guessed it: The employee sluffed off again. So we lost the account. Thousands of $$ per month contract. My grand total of finds that day from the beach ? About $5 in change and some jewelry trinkets at best. Would I do it all over again ? You bet :)

Tom is my role model! :notworthy:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would go every day if I could though I wouldn't be ble to move the next day! My husband wishes I was as enthusiastic about cleaning the house.

Last edited:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As a self-employed person, I've let my work success falter at the hands of the priority of md'ing . Like times when I *could* more aggressive at customer retention, I've been off on md'ing trips instead.

Example: One time I had a customer complaint that our regional employee in that area wasn't doing the job right . And they stressed that on an upcoming day, they needed XYZ better service, because they were having a site inspection. I knew full well I should not trust this under-achieving employee to do it right, as he'd been slacking off. HOWEVER, that day was slated to be good ocean swells eroding the beach. So rather than going to this account and doing it right, or further-training our employee to double-check, I simply called the guy instead and told him "do a better job, they're having an inspection tomorrow".

And ... you guessed it: The employee sluffed off again. So we lost the account. Thousands of $$ per month contract. My grand total of finds that day from the beach ? About $5 in change and some jewelry trinkets at best. Would I do it all over again ? You bet :)
OUTstanding, Tom. You've been slacking off lately. Good to see you're BACK ON TRACK! ╦╦Ç

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I spend way too much time on and off my job thinking about detecting. It hasn't impacted the quality of my work, but ask my wife and she'll say something different. Like somewhere around 6pm on a Saturday or Sunday when we are chilling on the back porch and she looks over at me and says "I see that look on your face... you want to go back out there again, don't you?"
I ALWAYS talk up detecting whenever I can. MANY productive leads have been generated over the years, even if I had to CRAM my agenda into some brains! ╦╦Ç

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tom is my role model! :notworthy:
J, you need to set your sights higher! (kidding, I follow his threads. VERY good info there) ╦╦Ç

Edit: Tom and I have differing views on some aspects of detecting but it is REFRESHING to hear an intelligent counterpoint.

Last edited:

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
....Tom and I have differing views on some aspects of detecting but it is REFRESHING to hear an intelligent counterpoint.

Same here. Tom does come off with a religious fervor that borders on proselytizing on some things.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same here. Tom does come off with a religious fervor that borders on proselytizing on some things.
I'm agreeing with your post..... even though I've never come across that word. ╦╦Ç

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....Haven't vacuumed in three years , eat from paper plates and continue to buy new clothes in lieu of laundry. My social life is nil as is my dance card. Can't get the oil changed in the detection vehicle 'cause there are no Lube N Tunes enrout to the treasure fields.
I only have a kitchen because it came with the place. I could pull a "heist" as I have no discernable fingerprints left but could be easily identified by my crippled gait and and Batman like detector vest and belt festooned with my tools of the trade, pads and I always forget to remove my headphones.
Women shun me and children point or run . I can't keep a boss as they won't play by my rules . ALL purchases are made with crusty clad and I've been banned from my bank and local Target store. I gifted my neighbor with a found necklace and she called the cops.
I don't have time to shave let alone shower or remember key dates like birthdays, anniversaries or dentist appointments.
My mental health counselor just doesn't understand me and thinks there are more pressing issues than saving the gold . . . Nobody understands me......nobody.

My hands used to be as tough as Whet Leather but after being retired for years I carry gloves.
Marvin
PS, Is it possible that you are my long lost Brother????:laughing7:

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm agreeing with your post..... even though I've never come across that word. ╦╦Ç

I must confess that I had to look up how to spell it; i was so far off that even my spellcheck didn't have an answer.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last year i was having lots of nose bleeds, sometimes 3 a day. Not really sure what was going on or why they were happening but it was annoying to say the least. Anyhow, one Sunday i went out alone to my favorite park and not even 15 minutes into the hunt my nose started acting up. Now, the logical thing to do would have been to stop and take care of the situation. But, that would have meant loosing swing time and nothing short of death was going to stop me that day. Needless to say, it was a bloody mess and i looked like i had been in a knife fight when i got home. I often think back to that day and wonder what might have happened if a stranger had seen me in the state i was in. Would they have called 911 out of concern?

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last year i was having lots of nose bleeds, sometimes 3 a day. Not really sure what was going on or why they were happening but it was annoying to say the least. Anyhow, one Sunday i went out alone to my favorite park and not even 15 minutes into the hunt my nose started acting up. Now, the logical thing to do would have been to stop and take care of the situation. But, that would have meant loosing swing time and nothing short of death was going to stop me that day. Needless to say, it was a bloody mess and i looked like i had been in a knife fight when i got home. I often think back to that day and wonder what might have happened if a stranger had seen me in the state i was in. Would they have called 911 out of concern?

ROFLMAO!!! Dude! That's some SERIOUS dedication! Sorry to here you had an issue with the schnozola but, hopefully it's better now. Loved your well detailed and graphic post. Made my evening. Thanks.:laughing7:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CLASSIC! Sad truth is I see myself intertwined throughout your thread. Where will I be in five years from now?:icon_shaking2:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
LMAO...I have the Exact Opposite Problem on a few things. I can't find a Man who Detects, Turkey Hunts, (Other Game & Morel), Fishes...I even have a Bass Boat that I Love to Take Out on the local (to the farm COE Lake), fish, park in a cove & MD old churches & homeplaces, CW battle & scirmage sites & this lake swallowed up lots of towns & if I or don't know where the roads to them are then the assessors office is more than happy to make me giant prints. I have access to over 10k acres to Hunt, Fish & Detect on. That's not counting all the COE land around the lake. I get men who fish, but not hunt, fish & hunt but not Detect, Detect but not fish or hunt & to avoid any issues I bring that up right away & one of those things is Always a problem...they don't like me going since they don't do it :(. How much easier can a gal make it for them?? Life could be so much worse :). I just have different sets of friends for different things but it would be great to have that special someone to do everything with. I haven't given up hope but not actively Hunting for one either. lol!!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
What dust? The plant's fine. I was just forcing it to bloom. Lol
KINDLE_CAMERA_1501668842000.jpg

OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LMAO...I have the Exact Opposite Problem on a few things. I can't find a Man who Detects, Turkey Hunts, (Other Game & Morel), Fishes...I even have a Bass Boat that I Love to Take Out on the local (to the farm COE Lake), fish, park in a cove & MD old churches & homeplaces, CW battle & scirmage sites & this lake swallowed up lots of towns & if I or don't know where the roads to them are then the assessors office is more than happy to make me giant prints. I have access to over 10k acres to Hunt, Fish & Detect on. That's not counting all the COE land around the lake. I get men who fish, but not hunt, fish & hunt but not Detect, Detect but not fish or hunt & to avoid any issues I bring that up right away & one of those things is Always a problem...they don't like me going since they don't do it :(. How much easier can a gal make it for them?? Life could be so much worse :). I just have different sets of friends for different things but it would be great to have that special someone to do everything with. I haven't given up hope but not actively Hunting for one either. lol!!

Women like you are disappearing quickly! I quit looking years ago haha. I fish, hunt, detect, gardening and bees, make maple syrup and so on. Most girls I meet probably think I am homeless because I'm dirty and covered in grease all the time, Or think I'm an animal murder because I hunt, Or if they are interested I'm too dumb to pick up on the signals. Single life is just so much less hassle for me

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Women like you are disappearing quickly! I quit looking years ago haha. I fish, hunt, detect, gardening and bees, make maple syrup and so on. Most girls I meet probably think I am homeless because I'm dirty and covered in grease all the time, Or think I'm an animal murder because I hunt, Or if they are interested I'm too dumb to pick up on the signals. Single life is just so much less hassle for me

HA! I hear ya TP...My friends from the city & most of the women on my Mothers side of the family don't get it either. They weren't raised to appreciate nature or fish/hunt. My Dad would always say "My Daughter Will Never Be Reliant On A Store, Mechanic Or A Man" lol! He made sure that I knew how to do things that most girls fathers didn't. He didn't Baby Me on the Hunting or Fishing either. If I shot it or caught it... I cleaned it. My Mom, he babied but she cooked everything & would pick the shot out. She is a Fantastic Fish & Game Cook! Her sister will Not Eat Anything Wild, Even Crappie??! Weird. I hunt with a lot of my friends husbands...works out great for both of them! lol! I hope you will find a woman to appreciate your talents, Good Country Boys are hard to find too. One of my uncles started getting me involved with Bees two years ago, but not long after he was diagnosed with ALS & passed within 6 months. I really miss him.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread