boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ALAS! My hearing is so bad that I wouldn't even hear my cell because of the earphones, anyway. I leave it off. ╦╦Ç
Heh! Same here. Tried putting it on vibrate a couple times got tired jumping up thinking something was sliding under me. Said to myself, "That's what voice mails for if it's that important they'll call back a hundred times." That's how I tell it's important! If there's a pile of calls from the same number spaced 20 seconds apart it's important. Out in the field detecting, the phone is just a survival tool nothing more.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I leave my phone in my locked truck when I hunt. 1so it doesn't get in my way and2 so nothing districts me while hunting. My wife knows I'm off the grid for a bit. HH
Same here really. I HAVE had my phone with me a few times, but it's a flip open style, not a "smart" phone, and has never caused a problem with the detector. I already have a washing machine and televisions smarter than I am. I have referred to my C-phone as my "invisible leash". Added not: It is something good to point out, others MAY have had a problem like that, not knowing what the cause, thinking something in the ground etc, or a malfunction with the detector. Good tip to share Coinman, credit is due to you for it.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread