Old roads?

OP
OP

78CJ

Jan 23, 2013
Northern Mi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did not make it out there yet and the property has not been sold yet. When I speak of it being and old road it did not meander from its location. If one were to get off to one side or the other there would be heck getting back on top. Still thinking of going there in the spring now.

cactusman

Nov 15, 2015
Western USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, AT Max, AT Pro, Ace 350, GTI-2500, Infinium LS, Scorpion Gold Stinger, Pro-Pointer AT, Fisher F75 LTD2, Gold Bug 2, F-Pulse, Whites 24K, TM-808, Schonstedt Maggie, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are wanting to get started in metal detecting, then there are far worse areas you could choose. Just don't buy a detector thinking you will get rich quick. You'll get countless hours of enjoyment though.

If the old road has any areas where people stopped and camped, or maybe a cross-road (people would often stop and make trades at cross-roads), that would be well worth searching, as would any area with old trees, and any spot where people may have either spent the night or money would have possibly exchanged hands.

fuzzy535

Dec 12, 2014
fairview park, ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, ACE 350,
Fisher F4, whites prizm III, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you only have access to it for a short while longer then i think it would be worth checking it out! half of the fun is the "what if". Id look for some large trees that may have offerd shade while traveling as a resting spot, maybe if theres a stream nearby that my have been a watering hole. nothing but time lost if you dont find anything. but not trying you'll only question yourself later...what if....and as for a detector id start off with what you can afford, then if you stay in it look into a different machine if need. Good luck and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions