Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh really? OUR Governor in OR is saying it's OK now to do Cocaine, Meth, & Heroin if the amount you have is for personal use only, it will be a simple misdemeanor.
Yup Yup We beat you to that 4 years ago. Residue used to be a felony, now you can possess personal amounts of the above and cops won't even make you dump it out, won't even write you the ticket most times. They decided the cost to process these over and over just wasn't worth it. Costly and not effective.
SoCal has hands down the best weather in the world, (I have been around the world 9 or so times and half way around 19 times) We have been a Blue state for my entire life and more.
WE are one of the three places in the USA that has bread the Millenial attitude That is causing the problems we are seeing all over our country today. Our government makes it very hard to do business here and it drives up the prices to the point where you need to be wealthy by the countries standards just to survive here. (A 3 bedroom 1 bath 1400 sq ft house in a fair neighborhood is High 500s to low 700,000 dollars) In desirable areas they can go over 2 million. How can anyone migrate in? Near impossible.
We have the second worse gun laws in the US. I can go on about the wall to wall liberals but I am starting to get worked up!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Lawdy yes! I'm looking forward to the solar eclipse tomorrow where it will be 85 degrees instead of 95.

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must be getting old. I have always loved the heat and humidity but this year I'm different. I just wish fall lasted more than a month here. I still hate winter in Iowa but this will be my last one. After my oldest daughter graduates high school I'm out of here. Yes it gets very hot and very cold in Iowa for long periods at a time. We basically have two seasons.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And the people! Seems to be less of them when the weather turns cooler, with drizzle.
Oh....did i say that out loud?

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Saw a new map today from NOAA that says its the 2nd hottest ever on the planet and included my area of the southeast in that claim. I call BS, this is the mildest summer here in the 25 years that I have lived at this location. I'm sure some of you are living in the heat, but if they lie about my area, what else have they tweeked the data on?

Massage the data like they do and you can prove anything. Whats the old saying "Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics".

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the fall and winter. 40's and 50's is darn perfect for land detecting, and 20 degrees and snowing is perfect for doing absolutely nothing.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the math that makes me call it bull.

They said in 1980 the summer temps were rising 2 degrees each year.

So lets say 80 is an average summer temp.

2017 - 1980 = 37 years

2 degrees (yearly increase)× 37 years = 74 degree increase!
So the temp has risen 74 degrees over the past 37 years?

The average temp was 80...

80 + 74 = 154 degrees!!!

.....really??? Has ANYONE noted their average temp being 154 lately???
....i think not, we would have noticed.

junkhunt

Feb 21, 2017
North Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's eagle spectrum , White's Spectra V3i, Garrett AT Pro. Garrett AT Pen pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm ready for the first freeze to kill all the biting bugs so I can get out into the woods and hunt.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Me too, Me too, from Georgia and the land of 87% humidity. Fall can't get here fast enough.

Johnbrian

Jun 15, 2017
Bakersfield, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's 3900/D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here in Bakersfield, Commiefornia, we have had over 50 days that the temp was over 100. I hate the heat. This time of year I stay (mostly) inside in the A/C.

OP
OP
S

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have had rattlesnakes jump at my head while bent over cutting trees , stung more times than i can count, chiggers in places they dont need to be, ticks that climb up my arms and legs like army ants. and top it of im a smoker in 90 degree heat and 80% humidity im gona love fall this year .if im still around that long. hope so.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If Southern California weren't so Liberal I would recommend it to you all. But Alas

I've been there absolutely perfect weather, I've seriously never felt nothing like it, but waaaaaaaaay to liberal for me. I'll sweat in the sticks wit my sweet tea :laughing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Summer or fall? Tough choice, so let's analyze the pros and cons of each:

Summer:

kate upton summer.JPG

Fall:

kate upton fall.jpg

I think summer wins!

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK, Tim wins the argument.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I look forward to the cold weather in GA. because I won't have to look out for the No-Shoulders (Snakes).
Then I can hunt old homesteads. Right now I'm only hunting yards and parks.
Marvin

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have always preferred it to be a few degrees too cold over a few degrees too hot. You can always add extra layers of clothing. But you can only remove so much clothing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread