Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here! Count me in on that!
While thanks to the climatologists falsifying all the data they can get their hands on, global warming has produced a very mild summer in my neck of the woods. But I'll still take chilly breezes and even snow over these bugs and this humidity! Come On Fall!

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am ready. Love the fall weather, I just hate all them damn leaves. They are a never ending battle here.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been ready for fall since spring.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then You guys are going to Whine about when the snow is going to melt so you can start swingin. But it Has been a Ding Danged hot summer for sure.

OP
OP
S

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We sure will trdking, but im going to really enjoy before that snow starts flying, we dont get to much in south Ky. but the occasional big ones .

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Big time this humidity down here will suffocate the average man. Add digging and caffeine and it feels like a heart attack waiting to happen. Not to mention ours woods during the summer is as thick as the Amazon. We really don't have Falls or really Winters it's just less hot and humid. Louisiana feels like the armpit of America! Ugggh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I mostly desert detecting during the summer. Just finished my last custom rifle so, I'm looking forward to some cooler weather to start "swinging" again.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
My problem is that there is a skunk where I want to detect and dig! I don't think it matters if it's hot or cold, it's still going to be there. Ugh!

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My problem is that there is a skunk where I want to detect and dig! I don't think it matters if it's hot or cold, it's still going to be there. Ugh!
I have your solution
Borrow recently finished custom rifle from Johnnycat
Shoot Skunk
Start Swingin (preferably in the rain)

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....and being from Southern California Coast where it is never humid and it never snows, I have just had an awakening to the fact that it is so hot and bloody humid in the south that you don't swing in the summer either!

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....and being from Southern California Coast where it is never humid and it never snows, I have just had an awakening to the fact that it is so hot and bloody humid in the south that you don't swing in the summer either!

Its the kind of heat where you can drink water all day and never have to whiz..

walnuttree

Jul 23, 2015
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I work outside everyday, soaked through with sweat 2 hours into the day, mosquitos, chiggers, and flies, won't miss all that. Fall, Spring are the best times and even winter here in Jersey, many mild days and if it's totally frozen there's always the salt beach where it rarely freezes in the wet sand. Many a time snow covered the ground and I could detect the wet sand and surf line just wearing insulated knee boots and a heavy coat. Yup, summer brings out the lush plant growth and bugs, it's just too humid to detect comfortably.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If Southern California weren't so Liberal I would recommend it to you all. But Alas
Oh really? OUR Governor in OR is saying it's OK now to do Cocaine, Meth, & Heroin if the amount you have is for personal use only, it will be a simple misdemeanor.

Last edited:

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If Southern California weren't so Liberal I would recommend it to you all. But Alas

That is the problem. Absolutely beautiful state, ruined for many due to government and politics. :sadsmiley:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been hunting the heat and I am sick to death of it. cant wait for fall!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread