what is better for the batteries?

Spidey

Feb 20, 2007
Omaha
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Personally, I leave mine on. I doubt it uses much more battery power. Batteries are fairly cheap--especially if you use rechargeable.

teverly

Mar 4, 2007
central ohio
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC x 2 xp deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Leave it on....would get to be a pain turning it on and off.....
as stated in previous post batteries are cheap..

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
I leave mine on. Going through the menus to get it going again is too much of a hassle and batteries are too cheap.

Daryl

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I leave mine on too, besides don't want to have to ground balance every time I use my land machine.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HIO: Another point, the detector is kept stabilized by leaving it on. There is a possibility that when you turn it back on it may be a bit less sensative until it stabilizes again, plus by leaving it on, there is less chance of a thermal shock causing problems.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
I leave mine on too...You won't ware the silicone button down.And battery life varies depending on how many targets you find and the headphones you use if any.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
One thing to note if you use a DFX. It will turn itself off in about 15 minutes if the trigger is not pulled. It doesn't matter if you are detecting or digging. It just turns off. The manual doesn't tell you this but the "Digging Deeper with the DFX" does.

Daryl

seas1to2

May 17, 2006
fl
switches an buttoms have a rated life span, much cheaper to replace batteries than a switch because you turn it off an on 100 times a day

OP
OP
B

boojagirl

I have a cheap $50 kind I got at radio shack, it only has 2 dials, power and the discriminator. I hope to get a better one sometime but I can't afford it right now.

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
A lot of people have in-line probes that are ran off the detector. So keeping it on is a must!

minelab2.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread