I was about to start the lawn mower .... YIKES !

OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO...!! Clean out a spot in your deep freeze. Put a Heavy Trash Bag Over The Nest, the kind with the pull ties. Tie it off & quickly cut any branches it's built around about 18" from the nest. Run in & put it in the freezer for two days. One will work but two is for sure. Take it out and if the nest is not torn you either have a couple bills or great Man Cave or Diva Den Decor!!!

I meant to hit the quote the light it up post! Yours is MUCH NICER than the ones listed on eBay now and it's Big too. Keep It...but get it in the freezer before any bad weather.
I harvested it - the bees left - I also put some smoke to it - before clipping , I put it in the freezer - then I put it on ebay , today .

Attachments

• PDR_6018.JPG
    PDR_6018.JPG
    169.8 KB · Views: 57

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I harvested it - the bees left - I also put some smoke to it - before clipping , I put it in the freezer - then I put it on ebay , today .

Let us know how it does, I do some resale and see some weird crap with buyers - but this one was a surprise to me.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you didn't get stung and hope that you make a tidy profit.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The "paper" is mud, wasp spit, and veggy matter and doesn't burn.

Makes great wadding for muzzleloading shotguns.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
might i Suggest you grab a shot gun with some 7 1/2 bird shot and get real close and blow the bejesus out of it? That should take care of em! (I honestly hope you don't take me seriously)

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad you didn't get stung and hope that you make a tidy profit.

Any cent would be profit for something that was found for free on someone's own property! I call it "wasp exploitation" though :laughing7:.

OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us know how it does, I do some resale and see some weird crap with buyers - but this one was a surprise to me.
It is up to $50.00 with 10 bids . 3 more days to go .

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Good idea starting low. You got em on the hook now. True market value! Gotta love it!

Agreed! Better at starting at $50, with $0 bids. Seeing so many bids on an item makes it seem like an item is very popular with high competition. I know of at least 3 or 4 nests around my town, maybe harvest them in the winter when everyone living in them is dead (and bring a can of wasp poison just in case). There is one in my barn too, that the previous owner of my house removed from a tree. Congrats on making such a huge profit on that, I had no idea that they were worth nearly that much! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread