Beach detecting waters" edge in the wet sand.

mossy99

Greenie
May 27, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had my Deus for twelve months now and spend a lot of time on the beach digging in the wet sand just back from the tide line. Lots of advice from many Deus owners regarding settings etc. Many conflicting ideas to add to the confusion. Nigel, the owner of Regtons in the U.K. advises using basic programme 7 for the wet sand. Many users don"t rate this machine for use on the wet sand because of losing depth so therefore missing quite a lot of would be targets. Would be interesting to get views, programmes, ideas etc to , hopefully increase my find rate and not worry to
o much missing targets. On the pastures this machine excells ! Regards to all diggers out there ! Mossy.::dontknow:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you might want to ask on the beach forum

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Some metal detectors will find targets in wet sand but they were not built for metal detecting beaches and wet sand and cannot handle the mineralization very well. If you have made quite a few decent finds that you can sell, then I would recommend purchasing a metal detector that can handle the mineralization of beach sand and salt water such as a White's Surf PI Dual Field, Tesoro Tiger Shark or even Sand Shark, Minelab 1000 or Excalibur or even a Fisher CZ-21. If you want an all in one metal detector, then the Minelab Etrac or CTX-3030 would likely be the best but there are others that have programs specifically for hunting beaches, in the water and dry land.

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions