trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love driving and riding my motorbike, and have been doing both for some 45 years. My best advice to you is to know/learn how to drive defensively.
Take a course in Defensive Driving if they are available to you. You will enjoy your driving experience so much more, having greater confidence. :icon_thumleft:

skipper1

Greenie
Jul 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take several courses and remember there is a difference in a good driver and an experienced driver. AND put your phone in the trunk.

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Just be practical and you'll be fine. I've always seen my car and license as freedom.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isnt a dakota an suv ? Thats great you will be able to fit you and your buddies and all the gear too. Youll be able to go on road trips and find the best MDing spots. Congratulations !! Good luck !!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on getting your first vehicle. Independence is the greatest feeling in life, and having responsibility is the upmost importance when starting down the road.
Lesson #1 A car is a car and a truck is what you have. 2006 Dodge Dakota :laughing7:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ooops! I thought wrong. Still plenty of room for gear and friends though.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on getting your first vehicle. Independence is the greatest feeling in life, and having responsibility is the upmost importance when starting down the road.
Lesson #1 A car is a car and a truck is what you have. 2006 Dodge Dakota :laughing7:

Classic Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
you need to get one of those new dodge demons you talk about fast :laughing7:

4x4x4

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2017
Southern California, outside of San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....Congrats on the 1st vehicle ! As a suggestion ? Take your new truck to a little traveled , paved area and do some "panic stops" to understand how the thing will react . THIS will prepare you for the real thing , the inevitable , giving you the experience FIRST !
Enjoy your new found freedom and share the road !
Mark.

old_chase

Aug 21, 2017
Sumner, MI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the new ride.
Be safe.

I remember my first...64 Rambler
Just like a Dakota but different

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine was a 60's something Plymouth Barracuda. Had a slant 6, auto w/floor shift. Some ugly light color with a white interior.

But it did not come with a MD... unless a Coinmaster "Precious Metal Locator" counts...? I worked for 32 years in the automotive industry and it NEVER found a 3lb. gold nugget for my late father or I. But with that said my new ones haven't much either finding it either...

BUT I'VE HAD A BLAST THOUGH....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
Funny and a lesson. When I turned 16 and got my license. Mom drove a 67 Shelby GT 350, Dad had a 67 Impala SS, the Sunday car was a 63 T-Bird Roadster with a Holman/Moody race prepped engine. I got the keys to our 47 Ford 3/4 ton pick up. Did I mention it was used to haul hogs to the auction?
With it I learned I had to work for anything I wanted to do with it, and in doing so I learned that I had better take care of it or it was going to cost me. It taught me humility and the value of hard work and dollars earned/saved.

Don't expect anyone to just give you something, work hard, don't waste your money on frivolous things. Follow those simple rules and maybe you'll have something like this in the garage, like I do. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Evo WOW.jpg
    Evo WOW.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Evo WOW 2.jpg
    Evo WOW 2.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 54
  • Packing for home.jpg
    Packing for home.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 55

4x4x4

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2017
Southern California, outside of San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....A little more advice ? Be aware of anything changing...squeaks, rattles, smells, leaks, vibrations and for the first month , check ALL of the fluids once a week ! It may be "new" to you but it's simply a used (probably high milage) truck .
Keep the radio volume way down for a few reasons .... to hear the vehicle AND others around you ..... sirens!

Mark.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread