Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
temp.jpg

Threw my Hoodie on this Morning when I got up.
Just turned my Heat on :o

Not a good sign :(

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to put on a jacket this morning too. We won't need any heat probably until the end of September though, because the house is really well insulated. My red raspberries, a cool weather berry, have been giving us berries for the past three weeks so I knew we weren't far away from cool temps.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I've seen Trees loosing their Leaves for at least a week Now :(

I live in Hoodies all Fall-winter-Spring In my house

Almost always too cold in here

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jeff your trees might have [FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]verticillium wilt and anthracnose. It's only 48-50F as well this morning In Eastern Ontario, we're seeing signs of early colours in some trees. It's just been too wet this year, farmers are struggling with equipment breakdowns with trying to take the heavy hay off 6-8 weeks later than last year. Total opposite actually as we went through a drought and then this year it's just too much rain. At least we're lucky not to be in Southern Texas right now and getting rain measured in feet![/FONT]

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was thinking yesterday I need to get a light jacket as mornings have been getting cooler.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a couple of Raggedy Orange hoodies from Dollar General
gildan_hoodie_orange.jpg
I am practically wearing out from living in them in the house & detecting :laughing7:

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel ya buddy, its been cold here as well. Ive been rocking the hoodie for about 4 days now in the mornings and evenings......Trying to swing as much as i can before we get frozen ground!

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
it ain't cold here in Texas but it is raining

4x4x4

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2017
Southern California, outside of San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....Jeff , you might inspect the leafs for cutting or boring bug evidence.... not uncommon. Some Sevin spray or powder could help save 'em . Look for curling leafs as an indication. Us folks in Southern California have been sweltering .... we're such wimps here . We complain if it drops below 50° and above 70° ! 100 to 108 will be seen in the next few days .
Stay safe.
Mark.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Down in the upper 30's here over night in the river valley but 70's in the day. Couple of dustings of snow up above treeline so far but no big deal.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
0828171728a.jpg

A sure sign that its at least fall. The first Canadian Geese you spot.

The one on the far left hissed at me a couple of times.

walnuttree

Jul 23, 2015
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fall does seem to be coming a few weeks earlier than before. But I welcome it, the cooler weather and less biting bugs. Just sitting on my back step day or night I get eaten alive by skeeters, they leave welts like hives and itch too. Yeah, frozen ground is a couple months away but in Jersey we always got the ocean beaches, the wet sand never hardly freezes and your the only one out there. Fall and Spring, six months of fair weather sometimes and Winter has it's moments too. Summers nice for bikinis and barbecues but the cooler months are better for treasure hunting in my humble opinion.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
It was so cold here this morning I woke up at 0300 and piled on the blankets. Just couldn't get over the shivers, but I've not been super healthy lately either. I'm not worried about that. My major concern is that I have no immediate options to heating my house for the Winter. Chimney cracked year before last, went through kerosene the time after, and then installed propane heat, and that was knocking the crap out of my bank account last year, really a lot worse than I had expected.

So, that has me wondering this year. I'm presently covering this enigma on my Homesteading thread. Gotta keep Mom warm, she's 92.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was so cold here this morning I woke up at 0300 and piled on the blankets. Just couldn't get over the shivers, but I've not been super healthy lately either. I'm not worried about that. My major concern is that I have no immediate options to heating my house for the Winter. Chimney cracked year before last, went through kerosene the time after, and then installed propane heat, and that was knocking the crap out of my bank account last year, really a lot worse than I had expected.

So, that has me wondering this year. I'm presently covering this enigma on my Homesteading thread. Gotta keep Mom warm, she's 92.

propane heat here also.
Not as hot as Coal. a bit Cleaner.

cost about $600 last winter (4 fills)

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We unfortunately have had lows in the upper fifties for most of the month of August and many trees starting to turn already. It was an early spring but it looks like an early winter as well. Certainly has put a crimp in water detecting.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Raining here Now :(

Have my Heater running too.

only 59

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spring and autumn are the best seasons for detecting for me. No more insects, no more sweating, less people in parks (so you can search for the lost bling on soccer fields) and near the water (same reason).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread