Still Learning

G. I. Digger

Jun 19, 2008
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO/Tesoro Sand Shark, NEL Storm Coil, Garmin GPS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is soo much to learn, and still learning, in every hobby. I have a at pro and purchased the lynk wireless system and the installation is simple, until I ran into the head phone connection. After racking my brain as to how to plug in the headphones I now find out that the older headphones, without the 1/4 inch jack will not work. The needed 2 pin connector is for the transmitter but there is not a conversion from the male pin on the headphones into a 1/4 inch jack.
So, no problem, I will just order a better headphone with a 1/4 inch jack. Can anyone steer me in the right direction as to what headphones to purchase? I do not mind spending a few bucks but want a good set.
Thanks,
Rich

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I went to radio shack and bought an adapter so that my wife could use her earplugs, works great for her

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IMHO, purchase a new set of high quality headphones (Grey Ghost, Killer Bees...etc) with the 1/4" jack. You will be surprised what you will hear with quality headphones.

I too use the Garrett Z-Lynk and quality headphones on many of my detectors. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
G. I. Digger

G. I. Digger

Jun 19, 2008
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO/Tesoro Sand Shark, NEL Storm Coil, Garmin GPS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMHO, purchase a new set of high quality headphones (Grey Ghost, Killer Bees...etc) with the 1/4" jack. You will be surprised what you will hear with quality headphones.

I too use the Garrett Z-Lynk and quality headphones on many of my detectors. :icon_thumleft:

Was looking at the grey ghosts, what model would you suggest as there are a few?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread