It clicked

Jul 11, 2017
LAKE CITY, FL
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This morning, I went to a city park that I have stayed away because of the element that hangs there most of the time. Well, no one but me was there. I went to the metal bleachers where many sit to watch the basketball games played. I had to use my pinpointer and I hit paydirt. I took in 75 cents. not bad it got exciting, I noticed that I could tell what the sound of each was. I knew the tone for 25 cents, 10 cents, 5 cents and 1 cent. I knew exactly how to set the ground balance and elimination. This was more exciting because I am starting to learn how to use my MD. I knew pop tops and tabs. So I went to another spot and whined up with 2.49 cent; 1-1964 penny. I found a mailbox key that I am going to turn in. I found also a trinklet smiley face. I am now heading back out to enjoy my time. It starting to click.:metaldetector:

Last edited:

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This morning, I went to a city park that I have stayed away because of the element that hangs there most of the time. Well, no one but me was there. I went to the metal bleachers where many sit to watch the basketball games played. I had to use my pinpointer and I hit paydirt. I took in 75 cents. not bad it got exciting, I noticed that I could tell what the sound of each was. I knew the tone for 25 cents, 10 cents, 5 cents and 1 cent. I knew exactly how to set the ground balance and elimination. This was more exciting because I am starting to learn how to use my MD. I knew pop tops and tabs. So I went to another spot and whined up with 2.49 cent; 1-1964 penny. I found a mailbox key that I am going to turn in. I found also a trinklet smiley face. I am now heading back out to enjoy my time. It starting to click.:metaldetector:

once it clicks you will really pick up the pace! keep at it

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job! I do believe this is an ideal set up for beginners because there is sure to be a lot of coinage and a lot of common junk, but just enough coinage to learn what to listen for and motivate the budding detectorist.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As you understand the equipment your finds and "fun" level will increase exponentially! :occasion14:

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread