Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Close to forty years ago, I was busy on the phone talking to a man about fixing something. My wife told me something about fixing me some chili and asked if I wanted jalapenos in it. I nodded yes as I explained to the man what I was doing. A little bit later, she set a bowl down in front of me and said something about it being too hot for her and left. I wasn't paying attention as I took a big spoonful and began to chew. Immediately I began gasping and coughing as I glanced down to the "chili". Now she was never a very good cook and the chili was all green with a little brown scattered in it. The man was already asking if I was okay, he even thought that I might even be having a heart attack or something. I managed to tell him what had happened and he laughed as he finished explaining what I needed to do. After we hung up, I poured my bowl back into the small pot of jalapenos and beans to take out and pour out for the critters to eat. Now we lived in the country and had the usual chickens etc. as well as two nearly grown hound dogs. The two hounds would always end up fighting over the food no matter that both had their own bowls. I thought about it for a second and then walked over and put it all in one bowl. Sure enough, the fight was on and then one dog backed off to let the other eat first. The "victor" immediately began wolfing down the chili as fast as he could. Suddenly the dog backed up as it began hacking and coughing while shaking its head. The "loser" now saw its chance and lunged in to eat as fast as it could. I couldn't help but laugh as it also backed up and began hacking and coughing. End result, no more fighting over the food, in fact they would wait to see if the other one would eat first. Who knew?

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I remember my first experience with a jalapeno. I had just moved to a small town in south Texas that had a couple of restaurants and a McDonalds. Back then I wouldn't even eat black pepper; just didn't like the taste. Turns out that down there, they serve Everything, even Big Macs with a generous helping of jalapeno on it unless you ask otherwise. Being new I had no idea. I think my tongue still has scars from that first McD's burger. Lawsuit territory, I tell you!

Funny thing is, because everything there has japapeno juice in it, I became accustomed to it and now eat the hottest stuff around in TN. Things taste bland without it. I guess I killed all my taste buds or something.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OMG LOL way to funny.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was hilarious! :laughing9::laughing7:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
My brother that I had not seen in many years (he's a bit of a hermit) visited me in New Mexico. I was making dinner and asked what it was he ate. He said "I eat most anything as long as it's not spicy." I told him "I don't know how to cook that way."
I had been making my green chili stew so I just ignored his thoughts and made it like always.
A few coughs and sweat later he went back for seconds.
I calmed him by giving doctor advice. Chili's expels intestinal worms. Chili might take getting used to but worth it.
I never knew why the hotter the climate the hotter the food.

Medina Joe

Jul 4, 2014
Medina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Story. I had a X who fed a whole can of bush's bake beans to her dog.Let me tell you the dog yhit all over her house for a week. Talk about not being able to hold you're mud. Poor dog would be walking,farting & pooping at the same time. she ending up spending 2,500 dollars on carpet cleaning.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I truly like spicy food and a some "hot" items. Jalapeno's usually don't hit my radar unless it's an OD case. But my kids bought me some sauce while in some store in Nashville last month. On the bottle it said "The world's hottest F***ing Hot Sauce". No problem...???????

So... I made some chili dog sauce that night. I took 3 bites and threw everything out...!!!!!!!!

I kid you not it took almost 2hrs. for the effect to go away within me along with the bottle. It was OVER THE TOP.... no matter whatever it was.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I truly like spicy food and a some "hot" items. Jalapeno's usually don't hit my radar unless it's an OD case. But my kids bought me some sauce while in some store in Nashville last month. On the bottle it said "The world's hottest F***ing Hot Sauce". No problem...???????

So... I made some chili dog sauce that night. I took 3 bites and threw everything out...!!!!!!!!

I kid you not it took almost 2hrs. for the effect to go away within me along with the bottle. It was OVER THE TOP.... no matter whatever it was.

You might have eaten the India chili Jojoba. I don't remember what it is on the scovall scale but it topped it. Like 1 million units or something. There is rumored to be one hotter but I don't know for sure.
In the spring their is a hot food vendors from all over come to a show here to sample their recipes.

Here in NM it's all about the Hatch chili. Hatch is a town where they are grown and the town had to fight to
keep others (Colorado) from stealing the Hatch name. That's how much they are in demand.
You can buy a green chili cheeseburger at McDonald's. The State Fair has an annual green chili cheeseburger cook off.
People hang chili restras ( a bundle from 1 ft to 3 ft) from the porch.
Ya, there's an addiction happening.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah chili pranks......... Went to dinner with some friends at a Chinese Buffet. Their boy was next to me looking at the sushi and spots the wasabi and asks if that's guacamole. Being how he'd been a jerk for most of the afternoon I said yeah. We sit down and he proceeds to slather about two spoons worth on a piece of meat and pops it into his mouth. Hysterical watching him trying to not cry & maintain his macho. A few months later he went to the store with me. He couldn't keep his hands off anything. As fate would have it he grabs a habanero and asks what it was. I told him with the straightest face I could "Try it. if you like em I'll buy some for you." You guessed it! He bites off a chunk & starts chewing, and you could see his macho fading. He looked up with tears. Told him, "Think you can keep your hands in your pockets now?" A few months later his mom wanted to know how I taught him to act so good in the stores............

True about voiding intestinal worms. I give my dogs garlic every day & a slice or two of jalapeno once a week. No worms & the garlic seems to ward off fleas & ticks. There's a lot of other benefits too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread