Irma now a Cat 5...

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope my roof doesn't get blown off down there. I left the Dual Field in the utility room........ grin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry to say Blak bart ,sandbar was good today ;;;))))...no where to run..think we are staying,GOD SPEED...

Darn it man ,I had to work. I knew it. Thats alright theres still gold there (somewhere).

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
pullin alot sailboats into deep cuts,got to watch out for big hammerhead we call SIR...eats tarpon in whale harbor cut...treasure on that drop

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the hotels here in southwest Georgia are booked up. Some models show the track coming through us next Monday or Tuesday.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...and this coming Sunday the City of St Augustine is having a FREE Steve Earle & the Dukes concert with Los Lobos at the St Augustine Amphitheatre...got this feeling it will be cancelled.:BangHead:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got off the phone with a friend who lives in North Central Florida. Thursday is the day they are waiting for. By then, they will have a better idea of which way the storm is going. That will determine which way he will go.
Stay safe everyone.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have family and friends in south east Florida, and its not looking good for them.

Why is Irma going to get to Cuba and make an abrupt right turn?
Florida have a hurricane magnet on it?

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IM in Tampa bay, Clearwater.
2 minutes from the water -
Hard to find water, gas and supplies
Its a mad house and its only Wed.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just talked to my daughter...they're staying. [emoji15] [emoji26]
She "LoL" me, said the news said it would be a cat 3 when it got to Fla.
.....i told her to write their social security numbers on their upper arms in permanent marker.
...kids! Uggggh!

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
Just talked to my daughter...they're staying. [emoji15] [emoji26]
She "LoL" me, said the news said it would be a cat 3 when it got to Fla.
.....i told her to write their social security numbers on their upper arms in permanent marker.
...kids! Uggggh!

people are just stubborn look what happened to Houston when the people didn't leave

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here, prepping and waiting to see where storm is headed. If it hits close to cuba the mountains there will tear it up some and could reduce it to a cat 2. They just don't know when it will turn and where it will go. In 2004, people from Tampa evacuated to Orlando because Charlie was suppose to hit Tampa and instead it turned and made a beeline for Orlando and they got stuck here when Tampa was spared. Roads were blocked, power lines down, no gas. I have been through many hurricanes and several Typhoons. I will ride out a CAT1-2, maybe a 3 depending where eye is forcast, anything about that I'm headed for the hills.

Category 1: Winds range from 74 to 95 mph and can be expected to produce some minor damage to property. Injuries to people and animals are generally isolated and limited to flying or falling debris. During a Category 1 storm, protected glass windows generally remain intact. Some roof damage to frame homes, apartments, and shopping centers can also occur, as well as short-term power outages due to snapped power lines and downed trees.

Category 2: Winds range from 96 to 110 mph and can be expected to produce extensive property damage. Greater wind velocities mean that debris poses a greater threat to humans and animals, while the roofing, siding, and glass windows (protected and unprotected) of frame homes are more vulnerable to damage. In a Category 2 storm, significant structural damage to apartment buildings, mobile homes, and shopping centers is also expected, as well as flooding in low-lying areas. Extensive power outages ranging from a few days to a few weeks are common, and residents are encouraged to stock up on potable water as filtration systems also fail during this time.

Category 3: Winds ranging from 111 to 130 mph cause significant damage to property, humans, and animals. Mobile and poorly constructed frame homes are often destroyed, and even well-built frame homes commonly sustain major damage. Significant damage to apartments and shopping centers (even those made of wood or steel) can be expected. Category 3 storms can also cause extensive inland flooding. Electricity and water are commonly unavailable for several days to several weeks after the storm, therefore it’s important for residents to have their own stores of canned food and water.

Category 4: Winds range from 311 to 155 mph and can cause catastrophic damage to property, humans, and animals. Severe structural damage to frame homes, apartments, and shopping centers should be expected. Category 4 hurricanes often include long-term power outages and water shortages lasting from a few weeks to a few months, so again, it’s important for any remaining residents to have a significant nonperishable food and water supply at hand.

Category 5: Winds at or greater than 155 mph cause catastrophic damage to property, humans, and animals (read: you should be nowhere near this storm!). Complete or almost-complete destruction of mobile homes, frame homes, apartments, and shopping centers should be expected, and nearly all trees in the area will be snapped or uprooted. Power outages can last for weeks and possibly months. Long-term water shortages should be expected as well, and most of the area will be uninhabitable for weeks or months.

Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wasn't Wilma a Cat 1, when she turned and refueled over the Everglades?
Wind monitor in Belleglade, down the street from Sis-n-laws house registered 185 wind.
Me and the Mr held up our western wall, for over an hour, and never said a word.......

IF WE'RE IN THE CONE, WE'RE GONE!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wilma was a cat 5, but came ashore as a cat 3....

Hurricane Wilma.png

Wasn't Wilma a Cat 1, when she turned and refueled over the Everglades?
Wind monitor in Belleglade, down the street from Sis-n-laws house registered 185 wind.
Me and the Mr held up our western wall, for over an hour, and never said a word.......

IF WE'RE IN THE CONE, WE'RE GONE!

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever you do to be spiritual do it for the folks returning from Harvey and now for the folks in the path of Irma, raise up your goblet with the pirate crest upon it.

On the kind of dark swing side, I will be interested to see what the Poseidon gives back from the depths after he takes it away from others.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd be ready to sprint ,and obviously would need to be restrained by now to not be hundreds of miles north of the keys. Or farther.

Stood on the Naples pier long ago and considered how Donna swatted it.
That pier was swatted at least four times over it's varied lives, but I knew I was not tougher than it.

Call me chicken but there is no desire in me to be a bug swatted by a shoe heel and then left in a flooded debris field.
Were I to jump the gun too early and find out I could have stayed, so be it.

Not the hurricane but the level of it. 3 and up is a manic fury best side stepped if at all possible.

Current prediction has Miami taking it on the chin ,followed by an East coast slide .

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one Screw-up from Scott imo

He said Call Your schools to see if you have off ?

I would have said "Consider your Schools Closed" ! & order it immediately.

Other then that Sounds like they are prepared for war :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread