QUESTION ABOUT GARRETT AT PRO & SILVER.

DigginDave94

Apr 15, 2017
Dixon IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok Ive benn using the Garrett AT Pro for about 4 months now and have found a lot of clad coins and some silver coins too. But i guess my question is how common is Silver coins ive been hunting a area where i thought would be great but ive only found 1 wheat penny. Also is Silver pretty consistent on the Garrett AT Pro like a high signal or can it be a low signal. Just had these few questions any tips would be awesome.

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok Ive benn using the Garrett AT Pro for about 4 months now and have found a lot of clad coins and some silver coins too. But i guess my question is how common is Silver coins ive been hunting a area where i thought would be great but ive only found 1 wheat penny. Also is Silver pretty consistent on the Garrett AT Pro like a high signal or can it be a low signal. Just had these few questions any tips would be awesome.
I've been hunting for one year and I can usually tell silver. But I have been fooled as well. Mercury dimes hit at a 82 consistent. Wheat Pennies usually solid 76. (Most pennies on or before 1982 hit at 76 actually.) I found a worn out standing liberty quarter that rang like a clad quarter 86, 87....so I would say pretty accurate but nails or other elements can play a factor I've found on the numbers some.
I have found silver as I like to hunt old home sites. I have found over 100 wheat pennies and not close to that on silvers....have found 3 war nickels and they sounded like zincolns. Hope this helps

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been hunting for one year and I can usually tell silver. But I have been fooled as well. Mercury dimes hit at a 82 consistent. Wheat Pennies usually solid 76. (Most pennies on or before 1982 hit at 76 actually.) I found a worn out standing liberty quarter that rang like a clad quarter 86, 87....so I would say pretty accurate but nails or other elements can play a factor I've found on the numbers some.
I have found silver as I like to hunt old home sites. I have found over 100 wheat pennies and not close to that on silvers....have found 3 war nickels and they sounded like zincolns. Hope this helps

Silver dimes are 83 84 on my at pro. Thats if the dime isnt very deep and is laying flat. Worn barbers are 81 82. Deep dimes are high 70s with a few blips in the 80s and have a very high crisp tone. Silver quarters are 88 and very crisp and loud. Half dollars are 91 and even louder. I hear a lot of 81s and 82s that are clad dimes and copper pennies that i skip a lot. Truth of thr matter is those 81s and 82s could be many things so good to dig them if youre still learning which you are.

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver dimes are 83 84 on my at pro. Thats if the dime isnt very deep and is laying flat. Worn barbers are 81 82. Deep dimes are high 70s with a few blips in the 80s and have a very high crisp tone. Silver quarters are 88 and very crisp and loud. Half dollars are 91 and even louder. I hear a lot of 81s and 82s that are clad dimes and copper pennies that i skip a lot. Truth of thr matter is those 81s and 82s could be many things so good to dig them if youre still learning which you are.
True....found a silver religious pendant that was sounding like a zincoln only a blip of a 87.....I was surprised.....the chain was not silver and was throwing the machine off.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello,

You received some very good advice from other members. :icon_thumright:

I would like to say that I've dug silver coins from the low-fifties to mid nineties with the AT Pro depending on the soil matrix, trash, co-related targets and depth. I usually dig everything (43 - 90+) and with that philosophy have retrieved some very nice relics, jewelry and coins; also my fair share of trash!

Doc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread