Fisher F75 Metal Detector Great deal I think

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
This is bull-doody...don't believe everything you see.
This is probably the 85th Anniversary edition F75 that came out at $599, has always been $599 except from several dealers that actually sell it for $499 if you look around.
This is the same as the top of the line flagship edition LTD that has boost and cache...but this one doesn't.

That top tier flagship with all the whistles and bells used to sell for that very high price, once, but Fisher lowered the price on that one all the way down to $700 a few months ago.

All this info has been out there on the forum for months, always do research before you believe anything you see, or recommend, out there.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Agreed. Take a careful look at the detail of the display. It is spelled "Theshold" instead of "Threshold". I'd be SUPER, SUPER suspicious.

I would NEVER buy a metal detector off Amazon or Ebay. Buy directly from a reputable dealer who specialized in detectors. Though presunably this is direct from Fisher Labs.

And I agree - this one has the winged "F" markings and does not say F-75 anywhere. Mine is one of the originals and looks like that. As I recall it was $949 everywhere, but I fenangled some toss-ins (BW headphones & coil cover, etc.). I sent it back twice for upgrades (Thank you Fisher) to get to the LTD2 software versions (with boost, cache, added EMI resistance and a better weatherproofing gasket system. This is likely 10 year old orphaned stock. Them might have upgraded the unit from old stock in the warehouse.

I asked on the "Questions" on Amazon. We'll see what comes back.

Last edited:

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...I would NEVER buy a metal detector off Amazon or Ebay. Buy directly from a reputable dealer who specialized in detectors....

Never Never NEVER (ebay amazon)and Always Always ALWAYS (reputable specialized dealers)!!! I cant stress this enough. The market is flooded with fakes and scams.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I asked on Amazon: "Has this been upgraded to the ltd2 with boost and cache, and does the display say "threshold" or "thesold" (as in the view here)?"

Here's the answer:

"The units we have in stock are the newest version with DST , boost, cache mode. The threshold is available in the all metal mode."

So they mostly answered. The Misspelled Threshold was floating around when it was first introduced so I guess they used a "stock" image. But I still recommend a known dealer. With Amazon I don't know if the seller who answered will be the same seller who ships. (Metal Detecting Stuff was the vendor who replied - they are under "Other Sellers" at the initial thread link).

Last edited:

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I asked on Amazon: "Has this been upgraded to the ltd2 with boost and cache, and does the display say "threshold" or "thesold" (as in the view here)?"

Here's the answer:

So they mostly answered. The Misspelled Threshold was floating around when it was first introduced so I guess they used a "stock" image. But I still recommend a known dealer. With Amazon I don't know if the seller who answered will be the same seller who ships. (Metal Detecting Stuff was the vendor who replied - they are under "Other Sellers" at the initial thread link).

I noticed the vendor who answered your question is a different vendor than the one who answered a year ago. But the ad says sold by Amazon. One reason Amazon is so confusing.

I used to work with some people who worked at a local Amazon warehouse and they could not explain my confusion.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My understanding - Amazon taps the warehouses closest the customer for shipping ASAP. They must subscribe as Amazon preferred Vendors or some such and kick back a small fee or percentage (I don't know that - it may just be for exposure). Some items are stocked at Amazon warehouses, some are not. And, sometimes when you look at an item it will tell you things like "Other Sellers on Amazon" that have the same item (lower right). And sometimes it will say "Ships from and Sold by xxxxxxxxxx" below the date you should receive it.

And then you will see something like "New (12) from" $599.00 & Free Shipping. If you click on that you will see a BUNCH of sellers with varying prices and possibly varying items. So be careful.

I must say I have had very good luck with Amazon and use it very frequently. But some things I go to the vendors websites directly for what I want. Amazon does offer you a presumably competitive comparison. Though most detectors are at a fixed sekking price by the manufactures.

wmgeorge

Mar 4, 2013
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmmm I buy A Lot from Amazon. The only issue I have ever had, oh wait two issues. A counterfeit controller for a project that I sent back for full refund. The other was a small mini lathe for metal that came in so badly damaged I had to rebuild the shipping box to send it back. In both cases Amazon stood behind the purchase 100%. I have never been confused buying from Amazon, I have been mislead by others advertising online selling metal detectors however.

They sell the same stuff other online retailers do, only for a lot less and two day shipping. Just make sure its sold and shipped from Amazon.

Last edited:

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used to occasionally buy a few things thru Amazon; up to maybe a couple a hundred a year.
Then one day, I get an email threatening me that Amazon is going to start reporting all my sales info to my state and I BETTER be paying the tax I owe them on all Amazon purchases. Well, FU Amazon, I don't deal with snitches and I always obey the law anyway + who do you think you are to threaten me like that.

So its been several years since I bought anything off of Amazon. I do use them to locate their dealers (search engines are my friend) and cut Amazon out of the loop tho.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used to occasionally buy a few things thru Amazon; up to maybe a couple a hundred a year.
Then one day, I get an email threatening me that Amazon is going to start reporting all my sales info to my state and I BETTER be paying the tax I owe them on all Amazon purchases. Well, FU Amazon, I don't deal with snitches and I always obey the law anyway + who do you think you are to threaten me like that.

So its been several years since I bought anything off of Amazon. I do use them to locate their dealers (search engines are my friend) and cut Amazon out of the loop tho.

Probably more of a heads up than snitching - Amazon sure didn't want to charge/collect state taxes but the states and stores do.
If they are ordered to do it they don't have any choice.
Might even have been a scam email, I never received anything like that, they just started charging tax and that was it.
Some charge tax and some don't, guess it depends on location of seller.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably more of a heads up than snitching - Amazon sure didn't want to charge/collect state taxes but the states and stores do.
If they are ordered to do it they don't have any choice.
Might even have been a scam email, I never received anything like that, they just started charging tax and that was it.
Some charge tax and some don't, guess it depends on location of seller.

No it was Amazon; I am very protective of my email and this came thru the Amazon system. This was before they opened a warehouse in my state and they didn't collect tax at point of sale. And it was Very threatening, not advisory. It read like I was guilty and they were going to report everything I do so by gawd i'd better get right with the state. Some libtard idiot obviously wrote it.

There is no 'if they were ordered to do it' or 'some charge tax'. By law, if you buy something out of state and your state sales tax is higher than the state you paid sales tax at, you are legally obliged to pay your state the difference, same as if you bought it there. When Amazon did not have any offices in my state, they could not charge me tax....but I remained personally liable to my state to take care of it. And that's MY business and no one elses. Threatening to turn over my purchase history is just that, A Threat. And I don't do threats well. Screw Amazon.

Interesting that you never saw the message yet think I am wrong in what I read.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I can see from your post that you tend to get in a huff over things.
I didn't say you were wrong, laid out some other possibilities.
It was known well in advance that Amazon was going to be forced to collect sales taxes after years of not collecting, and no doubt they would have formulated a policy to inform buyers and absolve themselves of any liabilities.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I can see from your post that you tend to get in a huff over things.
I didn't say you were wrong, laid out some other possibilities.
It was known well in advance that Amazon was going to be forced to collect sales taxes after years of not collecting, and no doubt they would have formulated a policy to inform buyers and absolve themselves of any liabilities.

No, that's wrong. Still. No company, and to be clear that includes Amazon, is required to collect another state's sales tax unless they have a physical presence in that state. Amazon now has a presence in my state, so the entire thing is moot in my case. I wouldn't be surprised that Amazon even has a physical presence in all states now with their tremendous growth + acquisition of Whole Foods and other companies.

Huff? hahahahahaha. I just don't like opinions presented as fact.

I think its time to stop polluting the OP's thread. If you want to post another distortion of facts, I promise to do my best to let it pass. Or we could start a new thread if you must. I promise to respond there if you want to go that route.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No, that's wrong. Still. No company, and to be clear that includes Amazon, is required to collect another state's sales tax unless they have a physical presence in that state. Amazon now has a presence in my state, so the entire thing is moot in my case. I wouldn't be surprised that Amazon even has a physical presence in all states now with their tremendous growth + acquisition of Whole Foods and other companies.

Huff? hahahahahaha. I just don't like opinions presented as fact.

I think its time to stop polluting the OP's thread. If you want to post another distortion of facts, I promise to do my best to let it pass. Or we could start a new thread if you must. I promise to respond there if you want to go that route.

1 word - Whateva.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is bull-doody...don't believe everything you see.
This is probably the 85th Anniversary edition F75 that came out at $599, has always been $599 except from several dealers that actually sell it for $499 if you look around.
This is the same as the top of the line flagship edition LTD that has boost and cache...but this one doesn't.

That top tier flagship with all the whistles and bells used to sell for that very high price, once, but Fisher lowered the price on that one all the way down to $700 a few months ago.

All this info has been out there on the forum for months, always do research before you believe anything you see, or recommend, out there.

That being said the 85th anniversary model Has DST and FA and is an awesome machine for the money. Cache mode is rarely used by most people (why not use static all metal) and while boost process is great does it justify the $$$$$$ ? The 85th anniversary model looks like the one in the link.

Chub

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
That being said the 85th anniversary model Has DST and FA and is an awesome machine for the money. Cache mode is rarely used by most people (why not use static all metal) and while boost process is great does it justify the $$$$$$ ? The 85th anniversary model looks like the one in the link.

Chub

When asked this was their reply...
"The units we have in stock are the newest version with DST , boost, cache mode. The threshold is available in the all metal mode."

A big red flag here, they are either lying so anyone that gets one might be a bit miffed that it is missing boost and cache or they don't care about losing their dealership which can happen if they are advertising a top tier LTD unit at this price.
If they even have a dealership and are instead second tier resellers.
I would go with lying...if so returns might be problematic
I wouldn't spend two cents with a vender like this but that is me...and that 85th Anniversary model is a sweet unit.
Even sweeter if you look around and pick one up for $499 instead.

This is the current ad for the LTD version from most dealers is this and includes a 5" sniper coil for $799.
Notice it mentions boost and cache.
Even if they took that extra coil out of the package I still doubt they are selling the same model.
Big liars...deal with them at your own risk.

Attachments

• photostudio_1505062728348.jpg
    photostudio_1505062728348.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions