jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet more Spanish coins will wash up on the beaches and into sand dunes on Upper Matecumbe and the Northeast end of Lower Matecumbe. Some may even get blown across into the Gulf.

Frank

I don't know how they do things where there are Mandatory Evacuations.
But I would guess No One will even be allowed back until the Beaches have been
repaired :dontknow: & non Residence maybe longer unless they can claim they are Volunteers,Family & not there for the beaches ?

Though it wouldn't surprise me if Mel Fischer Team & maybe archies would get special treatment

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
repaired :dontknow: & non Residence maybe longer unless they can claim they are Volunteers,Family & not there for the beaches ?

Though it wouldn't surprise me if Mel Fischer Team & maybe archies would get special treatment
Gov Scott has already mentioned that looting will not be tolerated, Fla State Attorney Pam Bondi has been investigating price gauging complaints, and the Fla National has been deployed ready for the hard hit areas.
As happened before, Proof of Florida residence will be required before anyone is allowed into a decimated area, so don't expect to MD the beach after Irma passes through.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like the majority of the cameras are overloaded.

or hijacked by news sources

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other

I meant the reply as as an after the fact information. I am not even sure that any beaches in the Florida Keys can be metal detected as they and the waters are all under the protection of the National Marine Sanctuary.

Frank

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea not my state :dontknow:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure how that works when private property is involved.

Up here they made all the Boston harbour islands state "historical sites". Which puts them off limits.
But there should be some private property exclusions. But i'm not sure.

Would be an interesting thing to know.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like the majority of the cameras are overloaded.

or hijacked by news sources

Going to start getting interesting/ugly today. I'm guessing by this evening many of them won't be working anyway.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the strong winds move in before dark we may get to see some of it, but not much if its dark or the power goes.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Natural selection at work.

Yeah. Fl might be nice and pleasant most of the time, but this isn't one of those times.

My brother lives in an area projected to have 10' of storm surge. His house is five feet above the water. Not only that, all his neighbors houses are projected to be under five feet of water as well. Combined with the waves and wind water will be coming into the one story house from the sofits. There is little room at the county shelter. My brother didn't get fuel in time to evacuate. He will be staying with friends in a concrete house built about 18-20 feet above sea level. . The well water might not be safe for months post storm. The power companies will be off line, and nobody will have any windows on their flooded houses 'cause of those stupid tera cota tile roofs(why oh why don't they use steel?) He is in mortal danger

Its all his fault of course. But he is still up a tree, ain't he?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All we can do is hope & pray.

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah. Fl might be nice and pleasant most of the time, but this isn't one of those times.

My brother lives in an area projected to have 10' of storm surge. His house is five feet above the water. Not only that, all his neighbors houses are projected to be under five feet of water as well. Combined with the waves and wind water will be coming into the one story house from the sofits. There is little room at the county shelter. My brother didn't get fuel in time to evacuate. He will be staying with friends in a concrete house built about 18-20 feet above sea level. . The well water might not be safe for months post storm. The power companies will be off line, and nobody will have any windows on their flooded houses 'cause of those stupid tera cota tile roofs(why oh why don't they use steel?) He is in mortal danger

Its all his fault of course. But he is still up a tree, ain't he?

Duckshot, I'm praying for everyone's safety right now....even the fools on the beach.

You're brother is doing everything he can to protect himself. My thoughts are with you, and everyone else with family in harms way.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tourists stopping to take pics in Miami

1504983381955_44.jpg

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member