Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: why?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jun 2006
    Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
    WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
    1830 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    WARNING!!!!! If you're having interference in a small area & you believe it to be underground electric. DO NOT dig near it! If the cable is faulting you can get zinged quite a ways away from the fault. I've seen two troublemen hand digging near transformers get literally blown out of the hole even though though one guy was almost 5' from the cable. The other guy (3' away from a faulted cable) got burned badly mostly from his clothes catching fire. If you can follow the interference across a yard not a problem. But if you get a spike along the line or just a small area. LEAVE IT ALONE! If you call the power company, they'll come check the area, after all they're concerned about our safety..... er ah...... Catching a major lawsuit. Please be safe!
    I know it's here, just need a bigger coil!

I think I know what my last words will be....
    "Hold my beer and watch this!"

Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Murphys, CA
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Falcon MD20, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Garrett Pinpointer
    3542 times
    Coin shooting, Nugget shooting, Relic hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtdigginfool View Post
    Don't forget UNDERGROUND DOG FENCES!..Had a VERY frustrating experience one time...I fiddled and fidgeted with my machine for 45 minutes...new batteries, new battery holder...on/off, different settings...2 calls to Kellyco customer service..and finally the lady of the house comes outside, notices my disappointment and my cursing under my breath...asks me what's wrong. I tell her it like EMI but there's no wires or transformers near. Then she asks me if I'd like for her to turn off the electric dog fence.....ugh
    A few years back I had the same problem with a VLF detector. It was driving me crazy! I found where a metal fence came out from under the grass. Problem solved! I also found a calf weaning collar there. Hmm! This caused me to get excited. I looked more and have since found two old foundations and (child's?) grave nearby. This particular meadow may contain more evidence of settlements! I'm looking, when my back permits. ╦╦
    Msbeepbeep likes this.
    Be not concerned with what dirt your enemy has on you. Be concerned with where they got it from.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links