Lost my wallet

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Today I was able to get out to our local beach in the Bronx to do a little detecting. After about an hour and a half I stopped at an over turned life guard station to kick back for a while. After which I detected my way back to the boardwalk to leave. As I walked the trail back to my car I realized I lost my wallet. I figured I lost it at the life guard stand. When I got there, their was a young guy sitting on the stand with a hoody on. Couldn't see his face. I got within 6 feet and scanned the area. Nothing. I start walking towards where I was girding and a voice calls out, "Sir, did you louse your wallet?" I'm like, yeah as I walk over. He says, "I'v been waiting for you. I seen you over here before," as he pointed to the ground behind the life guard stand. I reached down and picked up my wallet where it had fallen. I asked him if he looked inside. He said he didn't even pick it up. I believed him. Credit cards, debit cards, drivers license, work ID and 160 dollars cash, all there. I thanked him and pulled out 3 twenty dollar bills. He refused. Said he works for the Department of Parks and is not allowed to except money. I put the money in the sand and said, "In case you decide to look over here." We both smiled.
Ive included some photos of the trail to the beach and stand.

Attachments

• lg stand.jpg
    lg stand.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 109
  • trail water.jpg
    trail water.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 98
  • trail.jpg
    trail.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 101

rcs

Mar 15, 2017
Western Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's always nice to know that there are good people still out there!

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't believe how lucky you were.

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is an awful feeling loosing your wallet, glad it turned out for the better.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is awesome, all the way around!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great save Escape! You certainly dodged a bullet there, and yes, thank God there are a few decent people still around. I travel a lot fir work this time of year, and last September I got off my Southwest flight at Columbus and at the baggage carousel I realized my wallet was missing..and I know I had it when I boarded because going thru TSA-no i.d., no plane ride. I spoke to the girls at baggage claim, they called the terminal and I was told that no one would be able to look for it...nice..cash, license, credit/debit cards, work credit cards....gone. I know I'm responsible for my belongings, but the fact that no one cared or ACT like they cared really ticked me off. I went to the customer service/ lost and found counter and left my contact info, knowing I would never hear back...which I did not. So I'm glad that you got yours back, I need to get one of those chain-drive wallets lol...Ddf

OP
OP
Escape

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
It's always nice to know that there are good people still out there!
There are. I meet them everywhere I go. The others still have a lot to learn.

OP
OP
Escape

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Great save Escape! You certainly dodged a bullet there, and yes, thank God there are a few decent people still around. I travel a lot fir work this time of year, and last September I got off my Southwest flight at Columbus and at the baggage carousel I realized my wallet was missing..and I know I had it when I boarded because going thru TSA-no i.d., no plane ride. I spoke to the girls at baggage claim, they called the terminal and I was told that no one would be able to look for it...nice..cash, license, credit/debit cards, work credit cards....gone. I know I'm responsible for my belongings, but the fact that no one cared or ACT like they cared really ticked me off. I went to the customer service/ lost and found counter and left my contact info, knowing I would never hear back...which I did not. So I'm glad that you got yours back, I need to get one of those chain-drive wallets lol...Ddf

Its always a crapshoot. I haven’t lost my wallet since I was a kid. Surprisingly I remained calm as I walked back. Not to many people on the beach. Thought I might have chance, This was a kid about 22 years old and not making much money. For some people finding a wallet with money is a dream come true. I was very impressed by the kids honesty and integrity.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other

just on the off chance check with L & F dept of TSA
a friend lost his wallet, and dont remember airline, gave it to TSA, was a rule i think
anyway TSA didnt contact him someone told friend to check, sure enough lost wallet
in the TSA L&F for 7 months
https://www.tsa.gov/contact/lost-and-found

chatterbait

Dec 27, 2016
Gloucester co.NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4,AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So glad you got it back.No worse feeling then the time you and it are apart.I was walking my dog one day and found a wallet with 600 bucks in it.I found his ID and called him.The phone call went something like this. Hey mom did you guys leave for vacation yet?Yeah about an hour ago.Did bring enough money for the week?Hear dad in background panicking I lost it I lost my wallet.Well I found one with 600 bucks in it in front of your house you can have this one.We work together so I tell him about a wallet I found with 600 bucks all the time.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just on the off chance check with L & F dept of TSA
a friend lost his wallet, and dont remember airline, gave it to TSA, was a rule i think
anyway TSA didnt contact him someone told friend to check, sure enough lost wallet
in the TSA L&F for 7 months
https://www.tsa.gov/contact/lost-and-found

CW, thank very much for the info! I just saw this and I will definitely check it out...Ddf

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice to see good people in action! :icon_thumleft: Glad you retrieved your wallet and its contents.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Pretty scary losing your wallet. I know! Lost mine once, found it in the washing machine. Happy everything turned out for you.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet, I know the feeling - Once had a wallet returned to me with $1,700 no less plus my id.
That guy wouldn't accept a cash reward either so I returned later with an Arab pastry tray which he accepted [guy was a muslim].
[Cost about $40 too, not cheap]

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
my uncle was riding a motorcycle and $400 flew out of his pocket he never found any of it

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet, I know the feeling - Once had a wallet returned to me with $1,700 no less plus my id.
That guy wouldn't accept a cash reward either so I returned later with an Arab pastry tray which he accepted [guy was a muslim].
[Cost about $40 too, not cheap]

That is awesome, xray...I lost another wallet about 10 years ago while camping along the Mohican River. Turns out, I had it in my shorts when I went out in the river to mess around...so the rest of the weekend and all the way home I was SICK...but upon arriving home I was greeted with a voicemail (still had a land line), from.a nice woman who had found my wallet floating merrily down the river. I called her back and she mailed it to me and wouldn't let me pay the postage...I sent her a thank you card with a $25 Applebee's gift card (I made sure there was one close). Yep, there are still some decent peeps out there...Ddf

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are still plenty of decent, caring, honest folks out there. Nice reward----I have had similar experiences.
Marvin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread