Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Lost my wallet

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2009
    1108 times

Lost my wallet

Today I was able to get out to our local beach in the Bronx to do a little detecting. After about an hour and a half I stopped at an over turned life guard station to kick back for a while. After which I detected my way back to the boardwalk to leave. As I walked the trail back to my car I realized I lost my wallet. I figured I lost it at the life guard stand. When I got there, their was a young guy sitting on the stand with a hoody on. Couldn't see his face. I got within 6 feet and scanned the area. Nothing. I start walking towards where I was girding and a voice calls out, "Sir, did you louse your wallet?" I'm like, yeah as I walk over. He says, "I'v been waiting for you. I seen you over here before," as he pointed to the ground behind the life guard stand. I reached down and picked up my wallet where it had fallen. I asked him if he looked inside. He said he didn't even pick it up. I believed him. Credit cards, debit cards, drivers license, work ID and 160 dollars cash, all there. I thanked him and pulled out 3 twenty dollar bills. He refused. Said he works for the Department of Parks and is not allowed to except money. I put the money in the sand and said, "In case you decide to look over here." We both smiled.
    Ive included some photos of the trail to the beach and stand.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lg stand.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	2.26 MB 
ID:	1492392   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trail water.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	1492393   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trail.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	3.06 MB 
ID:	1492394  

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2017
    Western Kentucky
    Garrett AT Pro
    214 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    It's always nice to know that there are good people still out there!
    2017 Totals
    Rosies 90
    Mercs 8
    IHC 3
    Wheats 955
    War Nickels 49
    Buffalo 19
    Silver Ike 1
    1964 Ken 15
    40% 127
    Bens 5
    Walkers 5
    Seated Half 1

us
    Do not forget me 24601

Oct 2011
    Indiana
    Bounty Hunter Mark IV Garrett Ace 350 Garrett Carrot
    2718 times
    Metal Detecting
    I can't believe how lucky you were.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2012
    Farr West, utah
    Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
    977 times
    Metal Detecting
    It is an awful feeling loosing your wallet, glad it turned out for the better.

us
    Jun 2012
    MA
    M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
    8254 times
    That is awesome, all the way around!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk
    ChampFerguson/TN and Kace like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2009
    1108 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mzjavert View Post
    I can't believe how lucky you were.
    Lucky! All I found was about 80 cents and a junk ring. I wish I was lucky. lol

us
    Mar 2014
    south central ohio
    at pro
    2063 times
    Great save Escape! You certainly dodged a bullet there, and yes, thank God there are a few decent people still around. I travel a lot fir work this time of year, and last September I got off my Southwest flight at Columbus and at the baggage carousel I realized my wallet was missing..and I know I had it when I boarded because going thru TSA-no i.d., no plane ride. I spoke to the girls at baggage claim, they called the terminal and I was told that no one would be able to look for it...nice..cash, license, credit/debit cards, work credit cards....gone. I know I'm responsible for my belongings, but the fact that no one cared or ACT like they cared really ticked me off. I went to the customer service/ lost and found counter and left my contact info, knowing I would never hear back...which I did not. So I'm glad that you got yours back, I need to get one of those chain-drive wallets lol...Ddf
    Kurios1 and Kace like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2009
    1108 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rcs View Post
    It's always nice to know that there are good people still out there!
    There are. I meet them everywhere I go. The others still have a lot to learn.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2009
    1108 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtdigginfool View Post
    Great save Escape! You certainly dodged a bullet there, and yes, thank God there are a few decent people still around. I travel a lot fir work this time of year, and last September I got off my Southwest flight at Columbus and at the baggage carousel I realized my wallet was missing..and I know I had it when I boarded because going thru TSA-no i.d., no plane ride. I spoke to the girls at baggage claim, they called the terminal and I was told that no one would be able to look for it...nice..cash, license, credit/debit cards, work credit cards....gone. I know I'm responsible for my belongings, but the fact that no one cared or ACT like they cared really ticked me off. I went to the customer service/ lost and found counter and left my contact info, knowing I would never hear back...which I did not. So I'm glad that you got yours back, I need to get one of those chain-drive wallets lol...Ddf
    Its always a crapshoot. I haven’t lost my wallet since I was a kid. Surprisingly I remained calm as I walked back. Not to many people on the beach. Thought I might have chance, This was a kid about 22 years old and not making much money. For some people finding a wallet with money is a dream come true. I was very impressed by the kids honesty and integrity.

Dec 2006
    1730 times
    just on the off chance check with L & F dept of TSA
    a friend lost his wallet, and dont remember airline, gave it to TSA, was a rule i think
    anyway TSA didnt contact him someone told friend to check, sure enough lost wallet
    in the TSA L&F for 7 months
    https://www.tsa.gov/contact/lost-and-found

us
    Dec 2016
    Gloucester co.NJ
    Fisher F4
    54 times
    So glad you got it back.No worse feeling then the time you and it are apart.I was walking my dog one day and found a wallet with 600 bucks in it.I found his ID and called him.The phone call went something like this. Hey mom did you guys leave for vacation yet?Yeah about an hour ago.Did bring enough money for the week?Hear dad in background panicking I lost it I lost my wallet.Well I found one with 600 bucks in it in front of your house you can have this one.We work together so I tell him about a wallet I found with 600 bucks all the time.
    T.C., Escape, dsdigger and 1 others like this.

us
    Mar 2014
    south central ohio
    at pro
    2063 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cw0909 View Post
    just on the off chance check with L & F dept of TSA
    a friend lost his wallet, and dont remember airline, gave it to TSA, was a rule i think
    anyway TSA didnt contact him someone told friend to check, sure enough lost wallet
    in the TSA L&F for 7 months
    https://www.tsa.gov/contact/lost-and-found
    CW, thank very much for the info! I just saw this and I will definitely check it out...Ddf
    cw0909, dsdigger and Kace like this.

Dec 2006
    1730 times
    CW, thank very much for the info! I just saw this and I will definitely check it out...Ddf
    southwest L&F
    https://live.nettracer.aero/southwes...MER-LOST-FOUND
    Kace likes this.

us
    Jul 2017
    Sonoran desert
    Minelab Safari
    11 times
    Metal Detecting
    I like the way you gave him the money.
    Kurios1, Escape, dsdigger and 1 others like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II, Quattro & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    7139 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Nice to see good people in action! Glad you retrieved your wallet and its contents.
    Kurios1, Escape and Kace like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links